Grow Strong Foundation (GSF) is a Non- Profit Organization Established in 2017 and incorporated in 2018 with registration number RC 106092. We believe in promoting and protecting the welfare of vulnerable people from all forms of social, Economic and emotional discrimination through Peace Building, Education, Protection, health care, advocacy and sensitization and awareness Programs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Mobilizer
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting: Education Officer
Starting Date: May 2021
- The Community Mobilizer oversees creating awareness of Grow Strong Foundation programs thought targeted communities.
- He/she participates in the collection of data and to the identification of the beneficiaries within the communities.
- He/she participates in monitoring the implemented activities and assessing new needs.
- The community mobilizer could be asked to take part to training or distribution activities.
Evaluation / Diagnostic:
- Help in setting up criteria for selecting beneficiaries
- Report any emerging needs to the Program manager and his/her assistant
- Support technical team to settle committees or any other community association
- Identification of target groups through the communities (Children, women, vulnerable…)
- Collect accurate data at the community level
- Assist in conducting baseline survey
Communication / Representation:
- Mobilize the targeted communities and create awareness about the program activities
- Analyze actions to be done to avoid any security accident at community level
- Give support for all GSF activities for community mobilization and communication with local authorities, site and village leaders
- Listen to complains from the different groups of the communities
- Mitigate problem between communities when it arises
Implementation and Operational Monitoring:
- Monitor the implemented activities at the community level by onsite regular visits
- Sensitization and training of the beneficiaries (if requested by the Program Manager)
- Follow activities implemented by other organizations in GSF’s area of intervention and report to the Program Manager or his/her assistant
- Assist in conducting assessment survey to control progress of program and efficiency of activities.
- Share with the Education Officer and Program Manager and his/her assistant every information about security, activities, logistics or administrative issues occurred at field level
- Participate to the general program meetings (weekly, monthly…)
- Communicate orally about any important issue in internal staff meetings
- Participate in the preparation of the regular program reports
- University degree in Relevant field.
- Contribute to and ensure the effective management and monitoring of GSF-supported projects.
- Establish and maintain strategic partnerships and support resource mobilization in cooperation with the Management support.
- Ensure provision of top quality technical and advisory services, and facilitation of knowledge management and knowledge dissemination.
- Professional experience: 2 year of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector)
- Languages Required: English.
- Ensure effective coordination, planning and implementation of education activities.
- Good computer skills in programs including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work under pressure in challenging working and living conditions.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Local Languages: Kanuri, Hausa
- Project related skills: good knowledge of the project cycle, project implementation, project follow-up
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software: Excel, Word, Outlook, GIS, data collection and analysis software a plus.
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills (communication), team player
- Excellent spoken and technical writing ability in English, including report writing.
- Ability to work effectively with other people both as an individual and as a member of a group.
- Organizational Skills, Decision-making Skills and Technical Skills.
- Ability to see the entire picture of the whole organization and the inter-relationships among its parts.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Motivation Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of e-mail
Application Deadline 10th May, 2021.