Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Manager
Ref No: 2100019410
Employee Status: Permanent
The Role Responsibilities
- Provide timely regulatory advice and recommendations on key issues for the branch.
- Ensure AML regulations, policies and requirements are clearly communicated to branch staff.
- Provide support to the branch in complying with the new and changing regulations, as well as Group policies and standards
- Provide general CDD advisory to the branch and ensure the Bank operates in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations and Group policies in relation to KYC/CDD.
- Use general knowledge of business products undertaken in the jurisdiction to work with business compliance specialists to respond to regulatory questions as it relates to the branches.
- Proactively drive the development and maintenance of good relationship with internal and external stakeholders at appropriate levels.
- Ensure close working relationship with the business, Regulatory/Business Compliance and FCC resources and ensure that there is a clear delineation of duties and responsibilities among various parties.
- Assist the Country Head of Compliance to ensure that the procedures, and controls in place are operating effectively in order to mitigate money laundering risk.
- Assist the Country Head of Compliance in the implementation of country level programmes and initiatives to enhance AML awareness and effort.
- Coordinates and performs Branch Reviews and Reporting
- Prepare and send MI to Country, Head Compliance on the activities within the branch.
- This includes reporting of trends and risks (both existing and emerging) for management actions and decisions
- Adherence to laws and regulations, internal risk and compliance policies and the Group Code of Conduct
- Timely reporting and escalation of existing and emerging Compliance Risk issues
- Completion of all mandatory risk and compliance training including e-learning
- Proactive identification and reporting of risks and concerns
- Mitigation of risks and resolution of issues in a timely manner including developing suitable controls and measuring their effectiveness
- Provide oversight over the branch and ensure adherence to local, national and international laws and the requirement that the branch staff show integrity and honesty in all their dealings
- Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct, to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture
- Propose compliance improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate
- Assist in the implementation of the bank’s co-ordinated strategy for managing issues surrounding governance, enterprise risk and corporate compliance with regards to regulatory requirements
Project / Change Management:
- Initiate or influence significant programmes of work in support of the regulatory compliance objectives
- Review new business requirements and provide solutions where required.
Regulatory & Business conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Regional Branch Managers
- IS & IT personnel (local & group)
- Country Head of FCC
- Head, Retail Banking Business
- Branch Managers
- Branch Operations Managers
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in the branch
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Academic qualification – Bachelor’s Degree,
- Professional Qualification – Professional qualification in Compliance e.g ACAMS, ICN, CIN
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th August, 2021 by 11:59:00 pm.