dLocal is the #1 payments leader focused on emerging markets and helps some of the best companies in the world expand in emerging countries. Global brands such as Amazon and Google rely on us to increase conversion by eliminating complexity and managing their payments expansion effortlessly. As both a payments processor and a merchant of record where we operate, we make it simple and risk-free for our client partners to make inroads into the world’s fastest-growing, emerging markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Compliance Officer, AML / KYC – Africa
Employment Type: Full Time
Experience: Manager / Supervisor
What Will I Be Doing?
- Reviews alert generated by transaction monitoring system to determine whether there is evidence of money laundering activity based on AML and KYC Compliance Office policies and procedures.
- Evaluates transactions and customer relationships based on established protocol identifying issues and escalating for further investigation.
- Communicates discoveries and issues with internal AML and KYC constituents and external customers to support successful discovery of money laundering activities.
- Provides additional support with the AML and KYC compliance organization on more complex issues, including research techniques and capabilities, as well other solutions as appropriate.
- Customers / Stakeholders
- Provides support and expertise to the AML and KYC Compliance organization on research techniques, capabilities, and systems.
- Effectively communicates within AML and KYC Compliance, re-enforcing that knowledge on key information, policies and procedures is understood with all constituents both internal and external.
- Maintains awareness of AML/BSA trends and other related industry practices helping ensure external knowledge and focus is not lost.
- Helps provide project management support on compliance-related projects and initiatives, as requested, to ensure they progress toward a common goal in alignment with agreed timelines.
- Helps to foster a positive culture of compliance by working proactively with the business, internal controls functions, and other Compliance professionals to ensure that best practices and systems are in place to facilitate business growth and the overall success of Dlocal in accordance with applicable laws, rules, regulations and internal policy.
- Maintains external awareness of research trends, information, and techniques related to money laundering, and communicates to appropriate levels of the AML and KYC Compliance organization.
- Leadership & Teamwork
- Provides assistance to other investigators when necessary/requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communications, analytical and project management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of products, services, operations and systems and extensive dealing with laws, regulations and regulatory agencies related to assigned areas.
- In depth understanding of investment/corporate banking business lines
- Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Office Skills
- Previous experience working with AML Transaction Monitoring and KYC systems
- Effective communication skills
- Able to work independently and effectively within a team environment.
- Proficiency with personal computers and pertinent mainframe systems and software packages.
- Proven experience in AML Transaction Monitoring and KYC within a Fintech environment
- Knowledge of the financial crime regulatory framework
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply