Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Compliance Officer Job Stage 8
Job ID: 561682
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark.
- When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology.
- This is a place where you’re welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in? Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity
You will report to the Head of Customer and Third Party Management Compliance, primarily responsible for ensuring effective implementation of the Third Party Due Diligence process and act as point of contact. The Compliance Office has the group responsibility for three compliance areas:
- Antitrust (compliance with competition law),
- Anti-corruption (compliance with corruption and bribery law)
- Anti- Money Laundering (AML).
This position can be located anywhere in Europe, the Near-East or Africa.
- Support Ericsson’s Third Party Management program.
- Independently lead due diligence activities on third parties including reviewing due diligence assessments, identifying red flags, proposing mitigation measures, drafting of related reports.
- Manage internal partners (e.g. management, compliance network) and external partners (e.g. third parties under review) in relation to compliance demands. Lead and manage external providers (external counsel and due diligence providers) as appropriate.
- Coordinate with, and respond to feedback from, multiple partners involved in TPM process.
- Support Business Partner Review Boards (BPRBs) at Group and/or Market level as assigned.
- Conduct transaction monitoring and testing as advised, including the review of transactional documentation.
- Ensure accurate documentation of risk assessments and related risk-mitigation plans and implementation.
- Work with the Head of Third Party Management or a delegate and other partners to ensure that any interactions with authorities and regulators are coordinated.
- Collect and assess due diligence material including questionnaires, online research, and external reports.
- Perform compliance risk assessments and ongoing monitoring. Contribute to the development of risk mitigation strategies and to strengthening internal control systems.
- Conduct training on TPM process and third-party risks.
To Be Successful in the Role You Must Have:
- University Degree suitable for compliance.
- High level of integrity with character consistent with Ericsson values of respect, integrity, and perseverance; must be appreciative and willing to listen.
- Experience with monitorship is a plus.
- Good communication skills including the ability to handle executive level internal and external contacts, including government authorities and regulators.
- International experience and cultural awareness.
- Independent, goal-oriented and detailed way of working.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, mentor, and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient in English, second language relevant to the geography is desirable (German, Arabic, Spanish, French).
- Relevant work experience is preferable. Some years in compliance, legal or other relevant field (finance, audit) or at a recognized international third-party service provider are advantageous.
What´s in it for you
- Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of adventurous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it.
- You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it.
We Offer You Great Benefits
- Medical & life insurance
- Career plan mentoring
- Work From Home & Flexible Working Hours
- In the case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
What Happens Once You Apply?
- To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process