KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Nigeria is a non-profit public health organization firmly equipped with technical and administrative capacity in providing technical TB and TB/HIV support services, strengthening TB service delivery, and supporting health system strengthening and research in Nigeria. Our programs are designed to advance the WHO Global End TB strategy of creating a world free of TB. We employ a systems approach, using data-driven quality improvement methods to identify and address gaps in TB diagnostic and treatment services. Our work to end TB focuses on collaborative planning, design, and implementation, engaging the private sector, strengthening service delivery platforms, and community structures, and improving the quality of services.
KNCV since 2000 has implemented successive 5-year circles of USAID-funded flagship TB projects and is presently implementing USAID TB LON 1 & 2 projects across 14 states in Nigeria. Through President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief funding (PEPFAR), KNCV Nigeria/ TB CARE I project provided and expanded TB/HIV services across 35 of 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
KNCV TB Foundation Nigeria is also implementing the STOP TB Partnership / UNOPS-funded DATS projected across 8 states in Nigeria in collaboration with the NTBLCP. Furthermore, KNCV TB Foundation Nigeria provides technical assistance towards community and facility TB case finding, linkage, and treatment across Lagos, Edo, and Bayelsa states as a member of the USAID Cluster 6 “HALG_ACE Consortium”.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Officer
Vacancy Number: KN64
Reports to: The Laboratory Advisors
- In collaboration with the Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) as the Principal Recipient (PR), KNCV is implementing the Global Fund Public-Private Mix grant; Scaling up services for TB Prevention and Control in the 3 states of Benue, Akwa Ibom, and Cross River.
- This will involve engaging primarily with the formal and informal private health sector in these states to find and treat missing persons with TB disease and contribute toward the National TB, Leprosy, and Buruli Ulcer Control Program’s (NTBLCP) TB treatment coverage targets.
- The overarching strategic objectives of the PPM grant include improving access to quality patient-centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and drug-resistant TB services; preventing transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms in the private sector.
Position in the Organization
- The Compliance Officer will monitor key deliverables of the approved work plans and concept notes and compliance with GF rules and Regulations as well as all KNCV policies.
- Hierarchically, the Compliance Officer reports to the KNCV TB Foundation Director, Finance and Operations through the Senior Finance Officer for GF.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures adherence and compliance to KNCV and donor rules and regulations.
- Reviews KNCV’s procedures, manuals, and SOPs to assess compatibility with KNCV and donor regulations and provide input as required to the revision of the manuals.
- Ensure retirement of field activities including review of document from all field activities.
- Supports in developing, revising, finalizing, and submitting concept notes.
- Supports the preparation and ensures reliability of the financial reports to the donor
- Conducts periodic oversights to the states to ensure compliance to financial policies for all expenditures.
- Supports monitoring key deliverables of the project.
- Ensures proper archiving of relevant project documentation.
- Track using audit matrix and follows up and ensures that all external/internal audit recommendations are implemented and cleared within the stipulated timeline.
- Review of all payment vouchers from Assistant Finance and Finance Officers before it is shared with the Senior Finance Officer for payment.
- Provide information and serve as the contact person for all KNCV audit related reviews.
- Participate in the procurement process.
- Provides administrative support during preparation of annual planning and other project activities as needed.
- Carry out any other related duties assigned by the Supervisor, DFO, PPM Project Director and Project Coordinator.
Who are we looking for?
- B.Sc. Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Related professional qualifications (ACA, ACCA, ICAN) are desirable.
- Experience in GF grant compliance requirements
Knowledge / Experience:
- At least five (5) years demonstrating knowledge of international non-profit grants and compliance management working with and interpreting applicable donor rules and regulations.
- Good understanding and application of GF core guidelines
- Behavioral competencies should include the ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related, using conceptual or inductive reasoning
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet time-sensitive deadlines. Show a systematic effort to obtain needed data or feedback; and link long-range visions and concepts to daily work, ranging from simple understanding to an awareness of the impact at large on strategies and on choices.
- Experience in a financial-management role at an organization that works internationally and that receives revenue from different constituents, such as government agencies, private foundations, and corporations that provide donations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Time management and job prioritization skills
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Excellent Excel skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer application (Microsoft office etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Must be self-starter with the ability to work in a team, dynamic, solid and open
- Must be flexible with absolute integrity, organizational awareness and understanding of cultural differences.
What do we Offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance.
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience.
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated.
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references which must be indicated on your CV to: [email protected] indicating the Job Position and Vacancy Number as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 21st July, 2022.
Note: For more information, please contact us via +234 (0)9030349255