Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, gender, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction Manager
Location: Akor or Old Ndebeji, District Ikpai, Akamkpa LGA – Cross River
Employment Type: Contract – Fixed-term (10 months) contract and working hours according to Nigerian Law
- Planning, coordinating and monitoring all logistics activities in the project related to construction and rehabilitation according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure that construction works meet the needs of MSF programmes.
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the Logistics / Technical Logistics Coordinator, planning, establishing and reviewing all the construction and/or rehabilitation activities in the mission/project, including its budget, in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the mission and the targeted population.
- Monitoring and ensuring the implementation of the construction and/or rehabilitation activities in the project ensuring compliance to MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the line manager on the development of the ongoing programmes. This includes the following:
- Planning construction/rehabilitation projects to be performed in the mission, participating in the project design and development and ensuring that technical aspects are met and are in compliance with the local construction habits
- Coordinating purchase orders related to the work activity and checking the materials in stock and warehouse inventory control
- Participating in the preparation of budgets associated to construction/rehabilitation projects, preparing invoices for payment of the works and anticipating the cash flow required for monthly payments
- Providing safety equipment for people who work in construction so as to ensure that all workers comply with safety standards
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, participating in the planning and implementation of HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities pertaining to his area
- Ensuring technical support for his area of activity and provides coaching to logistics staff under his/her responsibility.
- Following up and reporting on the works’ progress and on technical aspects of the work and participating in monthly reports according to guidelines (SitRep, Logistics Statistical Report, etc.)
- Performing delegated tasks according to his/her speciality and as specified in his/her job description
- Education: Essential University or Technical School Diploma, desirable Construction or Engineering related studies
- Experience: Essential previous experience In construction (minimum two years). Proven understanding of MSF Field Logistics
- Language: Fluent in reading and writing English, Local languages Efik, Ejagam as desirable
- Place of residence: Calabar or Akor or Old Ndebeji
- Competencies: Flexibility, organizational skills, teamwork, team management, stress management and commitment to humanitarian objectives and to MSF Principles.
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
According to the MSF salary scale (Level9) plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following mandatory documents (Updated CV, Copies of all Certificates and Diplomas mentioned in the CV, Motivation / Cover Letter, Copy Valid ID Card (NIN or International Passport), Copy of work Certificates, any other important document the following mandatory documents in an A4 envelope size to:
MSF WACA Calabar Office
No. 2 Ebri Eteng Close,
State Housing, Calabar, Near FAD FM Calabar,
Cross River State.
AKOR or OLD Ndebeji Primary Health Care Center
Or submit application via electronic using the following steps:
- Candidates should apply using either electronic or physical application
- Please note, Non-compliant or Late applications or hand delivery applications will not be considered
- Only successful applicants will be called for written test and interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
Application Deadline 9th December, 2022; 03H:00 PM