Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant Senior Technical Advisor (Vaccination)
Job ID: 2022-4666
Category: International Positions
- We are seeking a Senior Technical Advisor – Vaccination to provide management and technical leadership for the COVID-19 vaccination response in Nigeria.
- Under the USAID-funded RISE project, Jhpiego is supporting government to prevent, detect and respond to COVID-19.
- A significant focus of our work is accelerating and strengthening the technical and operational capacity of local healthcare workers to deliver high quality COVID-19 vaccination services.
- This includes the provision of technical assistance around COVID vaccination campaign preparedness activities, campaign implementation, and post campaign monitoring and evaluation of performance.
- Providing technical assistance towards ensuring equitable distribution of the COVID-19 vaccines, ensuring access to the most vulnerable communities in Taraba and Niger state where we are supporting, which involves ensuring improved coordination and communication amongst the State, LGA and ward teams as well as frontline health workers.
- Additionally, liaising regularly with NPHCDA, SPHCDA, SMoH and other partners regarding technical strategy, monitoring and evaluation of project milestones and targets.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and support for the design, management, and implementation of the COVID-19 vaccination campaign activities
- Collaborate with the Ministry of Health (MoH), National Primary Health care development agency (NPHCDA) and State counterparts to support COVID-19 vaccination program, in accordance with global and national standards and in alignment with national policies and strategies
- Support local partners to identify solutions for implementation challenges through regular participation in coordination forums and ensure project team coordinates effectively with government and other partners at national, state and LGA levels
- Provide clinical support to roll out of vaccination across supported LGA and ensure achievement of 70% vaccination targets in Taraba and Niger state
- Provide technical direction and assistance in facilitations of trainings, demand generation and COVID19 vaccination service delivery
- Represent the project to stakeholders; build close working relationships with other immunization partners and participate in stakeholder meetings and deliver presentations, as needed
- In collaboration with project team, monitor implementation of project workplan, ensure it is on track for scope and schedule working closely with finance and operation staff to review budget and expenses
- Ensure that the project activities are meeting client and stakeholder expectations and that implementation is on time and according to budget
- Contribute and lead on regular reporting to USAID on project progress; coordinate with the RISE SI, technical and Program teams to ensure implementation and reporting is in alignment with COVID-19 M&E and reporting requirements,and that project results are proactively disseminated, and learnings are shared and incorporated to continuously improve
- Manage technical and SBCC contributions of Vaccine program with Demand generation, KM and Communication teams
- Comply with Jhpiego and JHU operational policies and regulations
- Ensure high-quality training of relevant campaign stakeholders and frontline health workers; provide mentorship support to the Jhpiego COVID-19 campaign support staff and facilitation of case discussions, as appropriate
- Actively maintain current knowledge of COVID-19, vaccination standards and guidelines, and any emerging technical innovations and advances.
- Liaise with the global RISE TA team and Jhpiego partners to ensure that approaches, training tools, job aids, and other approaches are in line with guidance from the global technical secretariat and adapted to Ghana’s context.
- Other duties, as assigned
- A Clinician (MBChB or BSc Nursing); post-graduate training and experience in vaccine programs and/or in Emergency Medicine /Critical Care/Infectious Diseases preferred with over 10+ years experience in related field
- Experience planning and working in public health programs and Nigeria immunization/vaccination Program
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID and other donors
- Strong knowledge and experience with data use for decision making
- Experience in disease outbreak response and familiarity with COVID19 vaccination is an advantage
- Experience in vaccination campaign implementation for outbreak response and other routine immunization activities
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams and willingness to learn and empower others
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and pressure to perform
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently to implementation regions, districts, and health facilities including COVID-19 vaccination outreach sites
- References will be required.
- Familiarity with the Government of Nigeria policies and regulations and demonstrated ability to collaborate with government officials (at all levels) to strengthen program implementation
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with local and international partner organizations
- Excellent skills in program decision making, facilitation, team building and coordination
Salary / Consultancy Fee per Day
N50,000 – N70,000
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation