The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Content Marketing Manager, SSA
Location: Abuja, Sub Saharan Africa and Lagos, Sub Saharan Africa
Pay Band: 6/G
Contract type: Indefinite contract unless local law requires differently
- Marketing and Communications at the British Council is a strategic function which drives awareness, understanding and engagement with us across our diverse audiences. We use insight, knowledge and analysis of our market and our customers to engage them with our work and our products and services in the most impactful and effective way.
- We lead the development of our brand and use our expertise to tell inspiring stories to enhance our global reputation, build lifelong relationships, engage our staff and demonstrate our impact.
- This role is a new role as part of Marketing and Communications Transformation programme. In line with the Global Recruitment policy, standard application and recruitment decisions will apply for this role.
- To develop content for the regional, cluster and country marketing teams that brings our brand to life and helps drive commercial growth objectives. This includes the adaptation, development and design of content for all stages of the customer journey and across all channels e.g., SEO, referral programmes, social media, campaigns etc.
- The Regional Content Marketing Manager will work closely with the regional marketing and communications teams to understand and respond to their needs, ensuring all content drives engagement, traffic and leads that ultimately deliver sales and promote customer retention.
Product, Programme and Service Development:
- Adapts and develops content and campaigns across multiple platforms and formats for the regional marketing and comms teams that tells our story to drive sales, engagement, retention and leads.
- Supports the localisation of content assets, working with Brand Management and Standards and the Content Localisation Officer to tailor content to ensure regional and cultural relevancy.
- Creates campaign and content packs for regional, cluster and country marketing teams and shares these with teams for campaign delivery.
- Makes recommendations to line manager on improvements to content going forward based on data and insights.
- Iterates content as required based on regional and country specific needs.
- Manages regional print content requirements, using existing templates and working with Brand Team to develop new templates if required and providing support.
- Tests content to gauge effectiveness and implements improvements based on results.
- Ensure content assets are uploaded to the Brand Hub as required to be shared cross-region.
Consultancy, analysis and problem solving:
- Seeks feedback from cluster and country marketing teams on content and campaigns, making amendments based on this.
- Creates content for region specific channels e.g. Weibo in the Asia Pacific region.
- Promotes a standardised approach to content, taking the lead from the Senior Content Marketing Manager whilst still making sure content meets regional and local needs.
- Ensures website content is up-to-date, relevant and reflects value propositions to customers.
Sector / subject expertise:
- Provides advice to regional, cluster and country teams on content and campaign assets, making recommendations for improvements.
- Ensures all content is on brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice and optimised for search and user experience for all channels.
- Keeps up to date on the latest trends and best practices in content.
- Builds an in-depth understanding of the context, opportunities and challenges for content in region, to ensure that content planning, management and delivery is based on insight and joined-up thinking and aligned to cross-region.
- Manages regional social media channels and develops organic social media activity to drive engagement.
Relationship and stakeholder management:
- Works closely with the regional SBU marketing leads and teams, understanding their needs around content, making recommendations and managing expectations.
- Collaborates with the content teams in the global SBU marketing teams to define, measure and improve content approach and with the Brand Team to drive brand excellence and creative efficiencies.
- Builds collaborative relationships with counterparts in other regional marketing hubs to reduce duplication and ensure alignment.
Commercial and finance management:
- Where needed on occasion, supports the management of agencies related to content creation, ensuring all content delivered is on brand and to time.
Essential requirements for the role:
- Degree or professional qualification in Marketing, Communications or Business or demonstrable level of equivalent experience
- Experience of creating marketing content within a large and complex organisation
- Stakeholder engagement
- Experience in optimisation of content and landing pages
- Experience using conversion rate optimisation tools
- Demonstrable experience of managing SEO/SEM, search engine marketing, digital display campaigns, email channels and social media marketing
Desirable requirements for the role:
- Postgraduate Degree in a relevant field, e.g., Marketing and Communications and Business Studies or demonstrable level of equivalent experience
- Experience of marketing technologies, data and lead generation marketing
- Experience within a global organisation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- This role is open to internal candidates currently based in SSA only
- Position is flexible within SSA. Successful candidate will continue to work from his/her current location – no relocation offered
- Please submit your supporting statement with evidence highlighting the minimum essential requirements.
- It is advisable to apply in advance to avoid any technical issues at the last moment
Application Deadline 1st March, 2022 (23:59 Gulf Standard Time)