Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Director
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 24 Months
Start Date: 2022-08-15
- We are looking for a Country Director to lead our activities in the country.
- As Country Director you are responsible for overseeing the development, funding and implementation of the country strategy and the growth of the program portfolio that effectively addresses the underlying causes and effects of malnutrition in line with ACF’s values, programming principles, and strategy.
- You also ensure that systems/procedures are in place and being properly implemented and that they ensure the proper management, well being and safety of ACF staff, and the proper use of ACF resources.
- You will spend a lot of time working on advocacy, and representation with donors, diplomats and Nigerian authorities.
- ACF is very well recognized by donors and the international community for its role in North-East Nigeria.
- It gives a special role to ACF in terms of advocating for a principled humanitarian response.
More Specifically, You:
- Lead the implementation of the 2025 country strategy
- Develop and adapt on a permanent basis ACF program to the humanitarian context in North-East Nigeria? and develop programming in other States (North West, other to be determined) to help health and other states’ services fight undernutrition
- Lead the whole team, 9 people are under your direct management line
- Represent ACF in coordination bodies and participate in advocacy efforts to make sure that a principled humanitarian response takes place
- Are responsible for the ACF team security and staff care
- Ensure a positive collaboration between the field team and HQ teams
- You hold a Master’s Degree in Development Studies or in Management.
- You show at least 8 years of humanitarian experience including in conflict settings with 5 years of senior management or leadership experience, including team leadership.
- You also have 3 years of successful previous experience as Country Director.
- You show excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- You are known for your excellent negotiation skills, and political astuteness as well as your excellent adaptation and culturally sensitivity skills.
- You also have a significant experience with external representation and promotion of programs with stakeholders and potential donors and are able to generate goodwill towards the program with the intention of raising funds and the country grant portfolio.
- You are experienced in managing security in a volatile environment.
- Fluent spoken and written English skills.
Specific Conditions / Salary
- 24 months fixed term contract under French legislation
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (social security + health insurance) and repatriation insurance
- Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 € at each RnR period
- Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
- Family Status.
- Monthly gross salary from 2800 to 3300€ upon experience
- Monthly per diem and living allowance: 657€ net, field paid
- Monthly country allowance: 150€
- Child allowance: 1500€ per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000€/year)
- 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
- Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply