ICAP is a global health leader situated at Columbia University, ICAP has worked since 2003 with one central goal: to improve the health of families and communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Covid-19 Senior Technical Advisor
Job Number: 496363
Reports To: Country Director
Categories: Program Management / Implementation / Support
- The STA provides technical support to Country Director, advises the HQ’s Manager and Technical Lead on the COVID-19 portfolio, and provides direct technical assistance to the Government of Nigeria, the Ministry of Health, national vaccination stakeholders, and other donor-supported Implementing Partners, international agencies.
- STA leads the development of annual work plans and provides guidance to the government of Nigeria regarding the Overall COVID 19 case management as well as mitigation of knock-on effects of COVID 19 on HIV and TB programs according to approved C19RM plans.
- As required, the STA also provides technical assistance to other country activities and works with technical staff on opportunities, new and existing tools, and country implementation programs related to strengthening Covid-19 management systems.
The Training Associate Technical Advisor will:
- Provide technical assistance to the MOH, National vaccination program, and relevant partners for the design and implementation of country interventions related to COVID-19 response.
- Participate in identifying and prioritizing capacity development activities for strengthening national and regional level expertise in monitoring and supervision in collaboration with the MOH, private sector actors, and other relevant team members and partners.
- Develop a clear strategy on the private sector engagement as a part of COVID-19 response and immunization and HIV programming in Nigeria.
- Write technical reports and other communications materials in English as required and edit and provided comments on reports generated by technical consultants.
- Develop and deliver presentations on technical COVID-19 related supply chain issues to high-level stakeholders.
- Represent at various technical meetings with other cooperating agencies, collaborating partners, senior government officials, and/or donor agencies
- Support MOH in collaboration with private sector partners and immunization service providers to ensure timely deliveries and administration of vaccines to target populations in all assigned regions.
- Monitor and document the progress of activities toward achieving results of national COVID-19 vaccination goals.
- Contribute to regular monthly, quarterly, and annual reports per requirements.
- Guide and oversee the work of technical consultants both internal and external to ensure they have what they need to carry out their work and ensure deliverables are achieved in a timely and quality manner.
- Lead team with members from both within and outside of MSH to ensure project objectives are reached even if team members are not the STA’s direct reports.
- Coordinate activities with other technical team members on the project.
- Work with the Principal Technical Advisor, and technical team to develop and implement work plans and budgets that integrate COVID-19 response objectives with broader activities.
- Work with the team to provide them with the information and budgets needed to support the logistical needs for COVID-19 response activities in a timely manner.
- Collect, validate, and report indicator data and develop progress narratives as required by CDC and USAID.
- Collaborate with the MOH, private sector, and implementing partners to assure that effective and efficient supply chain systems and immunization services are in place for COVID-19 response programs as well as appropriate tools necessary to manage COVID-19 vaccine deployment effectively and to improve pharmaceutical management information systems more broadly, including appropriate use of data for decision making.
- Any other relevant duty relating to ECHO Project as assigned.
- A Graduate Degree in a Health-related field with specialized training in public health qualifications preferred.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Five years of relevant experience in Nigeria’s public and private health systems with experience in HIV, Health Systems and services strengthening
- Demonstrated experience working with Nigeria’s health stakeholders at the Government, private, and community levels
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities, develop interventions, and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Experience in project monitoring, evaluation, learning, and research for health‐related projects.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English are essential.
- Experience with HIV, vaccines, and immunization programs in Nigeria
- Understanding and knowledge of COVID-19 response initiatives and implementing partners supported in Nigeria by bilateral agencies, such as USAID/CDC, and international agencies, such as World Health Organization, GFATM, UNICEF, and COVAX, required.
- Travel within Nigeria conducting capacity building, stakeholder relationship management and Project activities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: The position is contingent upon the availability of grant funding.
Application Deadline 10th June, 2022.