Paelyt is an innovative financial services company (payments, loans, and savings), and technology solutions provider. We possess several money lending products, including Traders/agents, Device financing, Supplier financing, Salaries, etc. Our payment platform, Paytrx, facilitates seamless and secure payments across several online and offline channels. Through partnerships with clients our solutions are functional at key banks and financial institutions. Our primary focus is on business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-business-to-customer(B2B2C) financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit Risk Manager
Location: Lekki Pennisula, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Credit Risk Manager will develop, implement and maintain credit policies and procedures to alleviate losses and maintain capital.
- Ensure the company achieves its bad debt, non-performing loans targets and meets other credit risk performance related key performance indicators.
- Liaise with appropriate regulatory authorities with respect to credit risk management activities
- Lead the implementation of credit related business rules during workflow or system automation (Core Banking Application inclusive)
- Coach all stakeholders with respect to credit risk management policies, practices and standards
- Play lead role in projects to collect data, analyze data and automate credit decision making
- Prepare timely, comprehensive and reliable credit risk reports to stakeholders at all levels
- Provide projections on the impact of credit exposures on the company’s future profitability
- Make recommendations to management to address identified weaknesses in the company’s credit policies and practices
- Develop, implement and maintain the credit risk policy, procedures and systems
- Clearly define the risk acceptance criteria for the different products and services
- Improve the quality (timeliness, process, cover, etc.) of the credit appraisal process
- Support the execution of credit related processes to identify potential financial, operational, regulatory/compliance and reputational risks
- Review and approve credit related waivers
- Monitor and flag violations of credit policies
- Proactively identify problem accounts and make timely recommendations for remedial action
- Analyze and report delinquent accounts
- Improve recovery rate
- Develop and manage the departmental budget and contribute actively to the preparation of the company wide budget
- Manage and supervise subordinates in the achievement of the department’s goals
- Other task assigned to you from time to time based on business priorities.
- First Degree or equivalent in numerate related discipline.
- Postgraduate/professional qualification in a numerate field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant work experience, with at least two (2) years in a managerial role, leadership and credit risk management.
- Good knowledge of the finance industry
- In-depth understanding FinTech business and products
- Hands-on experience with key stakeholder engagements and deal closure
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong strategic and analytical orientation
- Highly developed collaborative nature
- Attention to details
- E-experience in the areas of credit risk management
- In-depth credit analysis and risk assessment skills
- Good management abilities.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, plans, and projections.
- Financial Management and Analysis
- Credit and Risk Assessment
- Digital Literacy
- Problem Solving
- Service Orientation
- Quality Assurance
- Relationship Management Skill
- Communication Skills – Written and Oral.
How to Apply
Interested and qualifed candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 7th September, 2021.