Action Energy, a company that operates in the downstream sector of the oil industry in Nigeria, with its head office in Abuja, is desirous of employing a team of young, vibrant and ambitious professionals who shall drive the vision of the company to fruition and build an enviable career in the industry.
Applications are invited for the positions below:
Job Title: Transport Officer
- This department shall deal with all matters relating to drivers and their welfare, vehicle management and maintenance.
- Ensure availability of trucks for optimal use
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports of all activities in the transport section as required
- To ensure appropriate maintenance and management of all heavy-duty trucks
- Conduct routine inspection on all trucks to ascertain their state and working condition
- Ensure timely and adequate repair and maintenance of all trucks by the maintenance team.
- Actively work with the maintenance manager towards the formulation and implementation of maintenance department related Standard Operating Procedures.
- Enforcement of emission and safety related norms of vehicles
- Road safety issues with special emphasis on safety of vehicles.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- At least 6 years work experience in the Transport and Oil and Gas sector,
- Strong attention to details
- Leadership and negotiation skills
- Proactive and positive working attitude
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to Engage and Motivate Others
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must not be less than 40 years.
Job Title: IT Officer
- The individual shall be leading the technology strategy, execution, and operations. The IT officer will be a champion for defining, scaling, and operating processes along with project management excellence.
- Provide leadership in technology portfolio for enablement and innovation
- Manage a portfolio of technology projects to meet cost, scope, and schedule constraints
- Develop key performance indicators and SLAs in lieu of requirement of stakeholders
- Develop policies for internal IT operations to drive attainment of SLAs
- Manage and support delivery of software and hardware operations and projects
- Enable process efficiency of back office operations
- Drive innovation for front office or core business operations by recommending viable technologies.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Programming, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience hiring, managing, and retaining a team of talent technology professionals
- 6 years or more management experience in an IT environment
- 2 years or more experience working with IT systems
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating with business leaders to drive effectiveness of the IT department
- 3 years or more experience providing IT solutions.
Job Title: Risk / Compliance Officer
Description of Responsibilities
- The Chief Risk Officer is responsible for and has the authority to make all decisions on risk management issues that directly impact the strategic direction of the company.
- The individual shall possess an intimate knowledge of internal business processes and the organization’s industry.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or Risk Management.
- A Masters’ degree will be an added advantage
- Must have at least 5 years in risk management, insurance or liability research, or actuarial management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be familiar with insurance and liability as well as compliance standards for the industry, including financial, property, operational, or personnel reporting regulations, and standards.
- Must have extensive knowledge of financing and insurance strategies to build up preventative measures against potential losses.
- Must be a proven leader and manager, able to take charge and act assertively without guidance.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must possess knowledge of risk analysis, database management, risk metrics, and capital management.
- Extensive knowledge of legal requirements and compliance regulations.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to manage large teams.
- Must be both a problem solver and a risk taker.
- Proficient with risk management, auditing techniques, and accounting standards and principles.
Job Title: Chief Financial Controller
- The CFO coordinates the overall activities of the finance department and works closely with the heads of the sub-departments to achieve the overall performance targets.
- The CFO is also responsible for approving the financial reports and all the financial transactions of the entire business before they are forwarded to the top management for action.
- It is an important role that could spearhead process improvements and add value across the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
- Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO/MD and members of the executive management team
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
- Advising on long-term business and financial planning
- Establishing and developing relations with senior management and external partners and stakeholders
- Reviewing all formal finance, HR and IT related procedures.
- The role of CFO is a very senior; hence a high level of experience is expected for anyone applying for this role. A Bachelor’s degree in the following will be expected for this role:
- Finance or Economics
- An MBA or CPA is also highly desirable.
- At least 10 years’ experience in the finance or oil and gas industry and managing a team is a must with examples of when they have demonstrated excellence in the workplace.
- Must display a cohesive ability at interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Must be able to engage with staff at all levels of the organization and exercise sound judgement.
Job Title: Business Development Officer
- Providing insight into product development and competitive positioning.
- Analyzing financial data and developing effective strategies to reduce business costs and increase company profits.
- Conducting market research to identity new business opportunities.
- Collaborating with company executives to determine the most viable, cost-effective approach to pursue new business opportunities.
- Meeting with potential investors to present company offerings and negotiate business deals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Administration, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, or related field.
- Proven experience working as a Business Development Officer or similar role,
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications,
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and management skills.
- Exceptional negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Effective communication skills,
Job Title: Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
- Develop strategies and plans for Sales and marketing of company products
- Undertake market expansion actions that will satisfy customers’ needs and ultimately maximize the company turnover from increased throughout
- Monitor market trends, competitor activities and consumer preference to position company’s marketing drive accordingly.
- Initiate a systematic addition of products volume into the system to match the expected expansion and volume sales.
- Ensure the plants are constantly stocked to meet the sales demand and zero stock out
- Actively identify and initiate new/additional products development initiatives for various target consumer market.
- Work actively with the marketing communications to create product awareness and lead marketing promotion programs to increase margins and market share for the company.
- Produce a concise activity monthly report to Managing Director.
- First Degree from a reputable University
- A Masters’ degree will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Strategic Management & Marketing
- Knowledge of General business & Product Knowledge
- Knowledge of Oil and Gas industry dynamics
- Minimum of 10 years post-graduation relevant experience, 3 of which must be in a supervisory capacity working with the sales team in a reputable organization.
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Entrepreneurship Skill
- PC Utilization (Excel, Word, Power Point).
Job Title: Head, Corporate Services
Duties / Responsibilities
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of each business unit or specialty group regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Work with the company’s executive management team to establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the company.
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of the company.
Education and Experience:
- A B.Sc / BA degree from an accredited college/ university; MBA or MA / MSc in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of HR experience, with at least five years of executive HR experience.
- Membership of any Human Resource or a related Professional organization will be an added advantage.
Required SkiIls / AbiIities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems.
Important Information / Notice
- Applications should be accompanied with 300-word essay on the strategy the applicant intends to apply to achieve departmental success while aligning with organizational goals.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline COB 11th December, 2020.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter