We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Travel Agent Supervisor
- Head a team of travel agents
- Promoting and marketing the business, sometimes to new or niche markets
- Selling travel products and tour packages
- Sourcing products and destinations to meet consumer demands for bespoke travel and sustainable tourism
- Taking part in familiarisation visits to new destinations to gather information on issues and amenities of interest to consumers
- Liaising with travel partners, including airlines and hotels, to manage bookings and schedules
- Dealing with customer enquiries and aiming to meet their expectations
- Overseeing the smooth, efficient running of the business.
- Constantly motivating the sales team to hit their targets and ensure company profitability;
- Meeting regularly with team leaders to give them sales figures and plan how they approach their work
- Making sure employees that report to you meet performance expectations.
- Giving instructions or orders to subordinate employees.
- Ensuring that the work environment is safe, secure and healthy.
- Meeting deadlines.
- meeting company directors who advise on strategy and finding out about any local issues and future trends
- Dealing with disciplinary matters and customer complaints.
- 3 years and above supervisory experience and previous leadership experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Eye for detail and accuracy.
- Reliable, with high integrity and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to learn a variety of job descriptions.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Computer literacy.
- Proactive organizational skills.
- Minimum of B.Sc.
- Ability to keep a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
Location: LagosJob Description
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counselling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analysing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counselling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counselling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Labour Relations or Business
- Must have 3 to 5 years work experience in Human resources or related field.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written and verbal communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), including PeopleSoft
- Knowledge of compensation strategy, performance management, employee relations, safety practices and talent acquisition, and the ability to apply this information in a manner that is compliant with relevant employment law
- Experience with creating a culture of engagement, collaboration and teamwork.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 17th August, 2018