Wartsila is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customs Compliance Specialist
Function: Supply Chain Management
Job Category: Support Functions
- We are looking for a Customs Compliance Specialist to coordinate customs related operations in Russia
- You will support Global Customs Management team by ensuring customs compliance according to applicable laws, rules and regulations, and serve as a subject matter expert in the area of customs compliance in terms of interpretation, guidance, integration, compliance and assessment
- Moreover, you will support efforts to execute a customs compliant supply chain and co-ordinate related supply chain risk assessment and mitigation strategies and ensure proactive monitoring and communicating (incl. training) the impact of customs compliance and changing regulations to all key stakeholders
- This is a permanent opportunity and the successful candidate would ideally be located in Lagos, Nigeria.
As Customs Compliance Specialist, your work will focus on these responsibilities:
- Being the single point of contact in customs matters locally, to internal and external stakeholders (customers)
- Identifying locally value-adding opportunities, minimize compliance risks and minimize (import) duties, the use of simplified entry procedures and local clearance authorisations
- Ensuring the integration of necessary customs compliance work activities into other functions’ work streams to deliver customs compliance reliability.
- Relationship with authorities such as local customs
- Following up and coordinating customs clearances, incl. brokerage management
- Bringing possible development matters to Global Customs Management
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Good understanding of the global customs compliance environment, rules and regulations with skills to translate those to clear business requirements and concrete actions
- Experience in working within a globaland multi-culturalenvironment
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Fluent in Russian, both written and verbal
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Background within customs compliance related challenges and proven track record of solving those
- Willingness to solve challenging situations with positive reinforcement to ensure sustainable internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Team player with strong customer service attitude with the ability to work also effectively independently
Why you and us?
- We have an amazing team and a clear purpose to exist. We are passionate about the work we do and hope to find a colleague with a shared passion for smart technologies and a sustainable future
- All our employees are encouraged to utilise the variety of training activities, learning solutions and self-study materials that we have to offer which supports the opportunity to further develop your talents and competencies within a very global working environment, in an ambitious and growth orientated organisation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th May, 2021.