Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Head of MEAL Department
Locations: Maiduguri – Borno and Damaturu – Yobe
Proposed Start date: May / June, 2021
Direct Line Manager: Head of MEAL Department
Job Type: Full Time
- AAH is looking to fill the role of Deputy Head of Monitoring and Evaluation Learning and Accountability (MEAL) to be based in Borno and Yobe State.
- The Deputy Head of MEAL is required to work closely with the MEAL HoD in the implementation of monitoring and evaluating initiatives for the mission programs and projects, both new and established, providing accountability and ensuring efficiency in project deliverables.
- The post holder is also required to monitor and ensure that the MEAL teams implement an effective system to monitor progress, outcomes, impacts and successes of project activities and performance at all levels.
- Work closely with the HOD in ensuring appropriate and rigorous MEAL systems are developed to guide project start-up, implementation, adjustment, accountability and learning in compliance with AAH’s MEAL Guidelines and Minimum Requirements for MEAL;
- Review and validate MEAL reports including conducting internal evaluation of projects and support external evaluations and consultancies;
- Participate in the development and revision of internal and external reports, ensuring compliance with donor requirements and that reports reflect an actual representation of field implementation activities and results based on MEAL findings;
- With support from the HOD, institutionalize and document the tracking and implementation of lessons learnt and recommendations from all assessments conducted;
- Represent the organization at National level and promote ACF’s technical viewpoints, guidelines and mode of operation;
- Provide inputs for the appraisals of MEAL team and well as contribute to the professional development of team members;
- Under the guidance of the MEAL HOD, ensure proper budget follow up for MEAL budget lines per projects and budget planning of MEAL activities
- Support donor reporting and project proposal development including proper implementation of the feedback and complaints response mechanism
- Provide regular feedback to senior management team on standard indicators for all sectors while comparing across of field locations;
- Review and validation of Term of Reference (ToRs) and data collection tools for baseline surveys, needs assessments, mid-term and end of project reviews/evaluations;
- Coordinate with field teams during preparation of comprehensive MEAL plans for each project to capture quantitative and qualitative data for project performance tracking and reporting;
- In collaboration with health, nutrition, FSL and WASH teams, design the framework for the physical and process monitoring of project activities;
- Organize and coordinate mid-term reviews, learning workshops/review of program work plans with program teams at field level and other stakeholders
- Review documentation of project activities with clear articulation of lessons learned, case studies and short articles for each project for internal and external sharing
- Manage centralized information database by regularly updating contextual information dashboard with current, explicit data and statistics to support during regional situational analysis, program updates, concepts and proposal development
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Social Sciences, statistics, demography, Public Health, Nutrition, Monitoring and Evaluation or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects;
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience working with NGOs covering multi-sectorial programming, in the field of MEAL;
- Advanced knowledge of international humanitarian guidelines and standards including donor regulations;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a rapidly changing professional environment;
- Experience in nutrition, health, WASH and/or food security and livelihood programming
- Experience working in emergency settings;
- Familiarity with institutional donors (OFDA, ECHO, UN, DFID, FFP…) reporting and regulations.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken skills), knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri is desirable;
- Proven management and coordination skills (HR, projects, and stress management)
- Proven ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy;
- Knowledge and experience in qualitative and quantitative data management techniques including proficient and skillful use of Microsoft Office package, SPSS, STATA, EXCEL, Epi-info software’s, Power BI;
- Excellent written and spoken English, including the ability to write clear and engaging reports;
Minimum Basic Salary
NGN 575,072 per month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply
Application Deadline 7th May, 2021.