Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Development Assessment Lead
About the Role
- Andela is looking for an experienced software development leader to join our growing Assessment team and help us steer the Dev Tech Assessment’s future. This is not a typical software development job, as you will not be building and shipping products. Instead, you will work on improving a robust assessment process for determining which software developers ultimately join Andela’s talent network.
Our existing process for assessing software engineers consists of three stage:
- Automated English Proficiency and Online Test:
- This step is a combination of AI-based tests validating English proficiency and online coding exams in relevant competencies.
- Technical interview:
- During the live meeting, the professional screener evaluates soft and communication skills, problem-solving and theoretical knowledge.
- Profile Optimization and Mapping:
- The last stage is a consultative review of experience to better enable the Andela Matching algorithm and discover suitable client opportunities.
We have a well-defined process to assess software engineers, and we need to keep improving it. We need someone who is a problem solver, a creative thinker, and who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty.
If this sounds like you, keep reading – we want to hear from you! We are a fully remote company, and you can truly live anywhere while doing this job.
- Once a candidate applies for the Andela Talent Network, they have to go through several interviewing steps.
- You will be responsible for keeping the online test fresh and the structure of the technical interview up with the latest technological advancements. Our goal is to assess prospective talent’s technical and soft skills, validate their experience and knowledge, and ensure we accept only the best engineers into the Andela Talent Network.
- We expect you to contribute actively with your ideas, define at first, and later keep improving our assessment process. We need a leader that will drive and expand the Dev Tech Assessment team further.
- You will also work with our PMs to implement that process into the product.
- Several years of technical and engineering experience in working with the latest technology.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred, but not a dealbreaker.
- Consensus-builder; develops relationships across the company with ease.
- Data-driven with analytical skills and fluency in dealing with data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication tends to over-document and over-communicate: we are fully remote, so this is very important!
- Humble and willing to learn/grow. We need confident and capable people who want to help each other succeed as much as they want to help our talent succeed.
- Team leadership experience is a huge plus.
- Fluency in English is a requirement.
- Clear communicator with the ability to articulate strategic direction, tradeoffs, and business recommendations to executive stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented and a high bar for quality when it comes to writing documentation and defining future assessment processes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply