The University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital (UITH) belongs to the second generation of Teaching Hospitals which were established by law on the 2nd May 1980. It took off in July, 1980 and started operation using as its temporary site, the then General Hospital and Maternity Hospital Ilorin, which were owned by the Kwara State Government. The permanent site of the hospital was declared opened by His Excellency, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo in May 2007 while complete movement took place in April 2010.
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Job Title: Director of Administration
Location: Ilorin, Kwara
The Director of Administration shall be responsible to the Chief Medical Director for day-to-day general administration of the Hospital. He shall be the Chief Administrative adviser to the Chief Medical Director and Secretary to the Board of Management. In addition, the Director of Administration will:
- Take charge of the department responsible for administration;
- Participating in formulation, execution and review of policies as directed by Chief Medical Director and/or the Board.
- Coordinating the activities of support departments in the Hospital;
- Conduct the correspondence of the Board and keep the records of the Hospital;
- Perform such other functions as the Board or the Chief Medical Director, may from time to time assign to him/her.
Qualifications / Experience
- Candidates must possess a good First Degree in Health Services Management or the Humanities or Social Sciences from a recognized University or its equivalent.
- Working experience in a hospital is an added advantage.
- Competency in ICT is an added advantage
- Evidently demonstrable worthiness in character and acceptability to a larger (or very significant) proportion of hospital Community.
- Candidates must have not less than twenty (20) years of post- qualification experience.
- Possession of Master’s Degree or any other relevant higher degree would be an added advantage.
- Fellow or Associate of the Institute of Health Service Administrators of Nigeria (IHSAN) or any other working relevant professional certificate is an added advantage.
- The Director of Administration shall hold office effective from the date of appointment inclusive of any period previously served as a Director in any other organization in the Public Service, provided the Officer does not attain the mandatory retirement age of Sixty (60) years or Thirty-Five (35) years of service (which ever comes first) and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
Salary and Conditions of Service
Salary and conditions of service shall be in accordance with the Public Service Salary Structure for this category of officers.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are expected to forward fifteen (15) copies of Letters of Application accompanied with photocopies of their Credentials and detailed Curriculum Vitae. The Application and Attachment should be in a sealed envelope marked “Application for the Post of Director of Administration” at the top left hand corner of the envelope and addressed to:
The Chief Medical Director,
University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital,
Ilorin, Kwara State.
- The Curriculum Vitae must include the Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees, one of whom must be within the rank of Directorate cadre.
- Recommendation letters from the referees should be sent directly to the above address by the referee
Application Deadline 17th June, 2021.