The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), the leading UN organization in Reproductive Health and Population and Development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Job ID: 40530
Locations: Yola – Adamawa and Maiduguri – Borno
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Level of Post: ICS 02
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointments
Duration: One year (renewable based on the availability of funds and satisfactory performance)
- The 2 positions are located in Yola and Maiduguri. Under the overall guidance of the Humanitarian Coordinator and under the supervision of Humanitarian Analyst,s for Yola and Maiduguri, the Driver provides logistics/transport services to the office and ensures timely delivery of quality service, manages assigned vehicle effectively with due considerations to cost-effectiveness, passenger safety and MOSS compliance.
- The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to UN officials and visitors ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Additionally, s/he drives the office vehicle for transporting authorized personnel and delivery/collection of mail, documents and other items for the UNFPA office.
- The Driver will work in close collaboration with Operations, Programme, Government counterparts and other non-resident UN agencies to ensure timely and consistent service.
How you can make a difference:
- UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
- In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
- UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to delivering excellence in programme results.
The incumbent performs the following:
- Support travel management processes.
- Manage vehicle fleet, transport services and team.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials and visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items, and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
- Ensures cost savings through proper use of vehicles through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
- Keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities.
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
- Assists office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required. Assists in the mailing and distribution of newsletters and publications and arranges to pay office telephone and other bills, as required.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes and water levels, car washing, etc so that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times.
- Ensures proper use of vehicle maintenance plans and assistance in preparing vehicle history reports.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Completed Secondary School Education and have a High School Certificate.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Must be a Nigerian national (male or female);
- Good understanding of the local language is an added advantage;
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information.
- Previous experience in similar positions in a development organization.
- Virtual meeting platforms experience
- Possess valid professional driving license and Trade Test Certificate;
- Have the ability to read and write English;
- Have a minimum of 2 years professional driving experience with a reputable organization;
- Fluency in English required. A strong capability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written English will be an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity
- Embracing change
- Business acumen
- Implementing management systems
- Innovation and marketing of new approaches
- Client orientation
- Organizational awareness
- Job knowledge/technical expertise.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
UNFPA Work Environment:
- UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life.
- We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
- UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.
Warning To Applicants:
- UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process.
- Should you have received a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
- Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Should you feel that you have received a fraudulent notice, letter or offer that makes use of the name or logo of UNFPA, you may submit a report through the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
Application Deadline 30th November, 2021.