Grow Strong Foundation (GSF) is a Non- Profit Organization Established in 2017 and incorporated in 2018 with registration number RC 106092. We believe in promoting and protecting the welfare of vulnerable people from all forms of social, Economic and emotional discrimination through Peace Building, Education, Protection, health care, advocacy and sensitization and awareness Programs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting: Program Manager
Starting Date: May 2021
- Education Officers are responsible for strategizing, implementing and overall management of Education activities in schools or community.
- The Education Officers provide technical leadership for all the education activities, including leading and coordinating the non-formal education program and systems support activities in each community and Schools.
- This position is a project base full-time.
- Implement Education activities according to Concept note, budgets, and work plans.
- Lead in organizing and facilitating training programs.
- Oversee training, coaching and on-going support of community mobilizers, teachers, SBMC and children.
- Conduct community awareness activities to support school enrolment
- Monitor learning outcomes of pupils via radio learning programs
- Support the distribution and monitoring of usage of Solar Powered radio sets, mats, PPEs, learning materials, school in a box kits dignity kits etc among learners, teachers, SBMCs etc, at community/school level
- Support local programme supervision visits from donors, SUBEB or authorities or any other relevant parties as assigned by the Programme Manager or Executive Director .
- Provide regular updates to the Program Manager.
- Update monthly progress report.
- Attend Education in emergency working group (EiEWG) and other relevant Coordination Meetings.
- Represent GSF in various forums and interact with relevant stakeholders.
- Providing students with support and guidance on response services within the school
- Referring students to other support services and mental health professionals as needed.
- Conduct learning baseline and end line assessment in the targeted LGAs /schools within Yobe state
- Assisting consortium partners to in the development of best practice of the project and its sustainability.
- Other duties and responsibilities required.
- University degree in Education; advanced degree preferred.
- 3 years of experience related to teacher professional development.
- Language Required: English.
- Establish and maintain strategic partnerships and support resource mobilization in cooperation with the Management support.
- Ensure provision of top quality technical and advisory services, and facilitation of knowledge management and knowledge dissemination.
- Ensure effective coordination, planning and implementation of education activities.
- Contribute to and ensure the effective management and monitoring of GSF-supported Education projects.
- Good computer skills in programs including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work under pressure in challenging working and living conditions.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Organizational Skills,
- Decision-making Skills.
- Technical Skills.
- Ability to see the entire picture of the whole organization and the inter-relationships among its parts.
- Excellent spoken and technical writing ability in English, including report writing.
- Ability to work effectively with other people both as an individual and as a member of a group.
- Good administrative and leadership skills.
- The ability to form the attitude for realizing the needs, problems, grievances, and feelings of the subordinate employees, making contact and good relationship with them is known as behavioural skill.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Motivation Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of e-mail
Application Deadline 10th May, 2021.