The Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT) was originally founded as ASUTECH on July 30, 1980.
The University was conceived with the aim to establish an institution that must be closely related to society, its industry and above all, serve as a catalyst in the technological advancement of the people, hence the University’s motto remains, “Technology for Service”.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
- In accordance with the provisions of the 2004 Revised Laws of Enugu State of Nigeria at its Chapter 74 of the Enugu State University of Science and Technology as amended;
- Council hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and distinguished scholars of the rank of Professor with cognate experience in University teaching, research and administration for the post.
- The Vice-Chancellor of Enugu State University of Science and Technology is the Chief Executive and the Academic Head of the University.
- He/She is Chairman of Senate, Congregation and member of the Governing Council.
- He/she is responsible to Council in matters of policy articulation and implementation in the areas of finance, property/facilities, general administration and good governance of the institution.
- The Vice-Chancellor is also responsible to Senate for the admission of students, administration of academic programmes as well as students and staff discipline in accordance with extant statutes, ordinances, laws and regulations of the University.
The candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor must be a distinguished scholar with outstanding academic, industrial or government service experience. Specifically the candidate shall be expected to be:
- A person of character and courage without criminal record(s);
- A professor of good standing who understands the contemporary demands of leadership of University;
- A person with wide academic and administrative experience in the University, government and industry, and be capable of giving dynamic leadership to the University;
- A successful scholar with Ph.D or Medical Fellowship in his chosen discipline and well rooted in the finest academic traditions;
- A person of demonstrable fund raising skills that can attract both local and international fund to supplement government subventions;
- A person that has other experiences outside the University and ensures that meritocracy is followed at all times;
- A person that recognizes and respects gender sensitivity;
- A person with good grasp of information and communication technology skills and appreciates its significance in the contemporary knowledge industry and ICT driven society.
- A person of courage, but humane, who can take decisive action on the merit of facts and principles and not on the basis of sentiments or pressures from individuals and groups;
- A person that can link quality research to industry so as to promote innovation;
- A person that possesses high reputation nationally and internationally and be able to command the respect of national and international academic communities through his or her track records;
- A person with strong leadership qualities so as to successfully lead a group of well-informed and articulate academic community;
- A person who possesses ability to create the needed bridges between staff and students, on the one hand, and the Community on the other hand, and one who is also above petty ethnic, religious, local loyalties and biases;
- Of good physical and mental health in order to be able to serve the five years term;
- Able to perform other lawful duties and responsibilities as may from time to time be directed by the Governing Council and its Statutory and ad-hoc Committees;
- Capacity to promote and administer multi-campus University system;
- A person that can lead the University in research, development and training that address the problems of the immediate environment;
- A person that can create international partnerships and facilitate students and Faculty exchanges and;
- The person should not be above 65 years of age on assumption of office as the Vice-Chancellor.
Terms and Conditions of Services
- The salary and conditions of service are similar to those of the Post of Vice-Chancellor in Nigerian Universities and as determined by the Governing Council of the University from time to time.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for one single term of five (5) years only.
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University responsible to Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University.
- He/She by virtue of the office, the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation of the University.
- The Registrar is, therefore, expected to provide strong leadership in the administrative work of the University.
- He/She must have drive and strong passion for delivering excellent results.
He / She should also:
- have strong leadership and communication skills;
- be creative, proactive and self motivated; and
- have excellent interpersonal skills.
Qualification and Experience
- The candidate for the post of Registrar is required to possess a good University Degree not less than Second Class Honours (Lower Division) from a recognized University with a minimum of fifteen (15) years experience in University administration or equivalent in private or government sector and should be a proven manager of human and material resources.
Specifically, the candidate is expected to:
- Be a Deputy Registrar or its equivalent in Government/Industry;
- Be a seasoned administrator well rooted in the finest administrative traditions;
- Have a grasp of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) tools;
- Be a person of courage, but humane, and who can influence administrative decisions in the interest of the University;
- Be a person of proven integrity with ability to give administrative leadership and build bridges amongst staff and students of the University;
- Be sound physically and mentally to be able to perform all the duties and discharge the responsibilities assigned to him/her by the extant laws of the University and as may be directed by the Governing Council, the Vice-Chancellor and the Senate;
- Be a person willing and prepared to assist in external fund raising activity; and
- Must not be above 60 years of age on assumption of office as the Registrar.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The salary and conditions of service are similar to those of the Post of Registrar in Nigerian Universities and as determined by the Governing Council from time-to-time.
- The Registrar shall hold office for a single tenure of five (5) years and on such terms and conditions as specified in his/her letter of appointment.
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University responsible to the Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of University.
- By virtue of his/her position, the Bursar should be able to coordinate development and upgrading of the University’s financial management plans.
- Bursar should be able to coordinate the preparation of periodic income expenditure, balance sheet and cash flow estimates and conditions where necessary.
- The holder of the office shall ensure that accurate financial records are maintained assets and liabilities held by the University and be able to monitor monthly income, expenditure and balance sheet against the budgets among other schedules.
- The Bursar should provide the University Management with appropriate advice on the institution’s financial transactions such as fund raising, planning, proposals, preparation, sources of external funding and their requirements.
- Others include external funding and financial reports on them.
- Candidate for the post of Bursar shall be visionary and have the ability to provide leadership, possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public Iife and be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
- The applicant should possess a good first degree or equivalent not less than Second Class Honours (Lower Division) from a recognized University and must in addition, be a member of any of the following professional Accounting Bodies ICAN, ACCA or ANAN.
- Masters Degree in relevant course is an advantage.
- The candidates must also have attained the rank of Deputy Bursar or its equivalent in Government / lndustry and must be computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant accounting packages.
Specifically, the candidate is expected to be:
- A Deputy Bursaror its equivalent in Government or Industry
- A seasoned administratorwell rooted in the finest financial practice
- A person with a grasp of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) tools
- A person of courage, but humane, and who can influence financial decisions in the interest of the University
- A person of proven integrity with ability to give financial and administrative leadership and build bridges amongst staff and students of the University
- Sound physically and mentally to be able to perform all the duties and discharge the responsibilities assigned to him/her by the extant laws of the University and as may be directed by the Governing Council, the Vice-Chancellor and the Senate
- A person willing and prepared to assist in external fund raising activity
- Experienced in managing external funds and preparing external financial report to donor agencies; and
- Must not be more than 60 years of age on assumption of office as the Bursar.
Salary and Conditions Of Service
- The salary and condition of service are similar to those of the Post of Bursar in Nigerian Universities and as determined by the Governing Council from time to time.
- The Bursar shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years and on such terms and conditions as specified in his / her letter of appointment.
Deadline: 3:00pm, 16th July, 2021.
Method Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit fifteen (15) copies of his/her application
accompanied by fifteen (15) copies of the candidate’s most recent Curriculum Vitae
which shall contain the following:
- Full names.
- Date and Place of Birth.
- ContactAddress with e-mail address and telephone number(s).
- Marital Status, number and ages of children.
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates (copies of credentials to be enclosed).
- Administrative and managerial experience.
- Membership of professional bodies.
All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover, in a sealed envelope, marked at the upper left hand corner Post of “Registrar” to:
The Ag. Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT),
P.M.B. 01660, Enugu,
Enugu State, Nigeria.
- Every candidate must supply in their application forms, names, addresses and phone numbers of three (3) referees who should be able to attest to the candidate’s academic and managerial abilities as well as their moral character and uprightness. The candidates should request their referees to forward referee reports directly to the Ag. Registrar, Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT).
- All applications not received by 3.00p.m on the last day shall be declared void.