CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Enumerator
Job Type: Full Time
- The Enumerator (based in Borno or Yobe will be primarily responsible for data collection, Conducting interviews of respondents in the communities according to the evaluation/assessment questionnaires,
- He / she is to work with the MEAL / Program team throughout the exercise.
- Location includes Local Government Areas in Yobe and Borno
- Represent CARE in the field, with professionalism, honesty and commitment
- Conduct interviews of respondents in the communities according to the evaluation/assessment questionnaires
- Adhere to strict confidentiality and information management standards and protocols, sharing information only in compliance with these standards.
- Work with cultural sensitivity and respect the dignity of vulnerable children and families and members of the communities at all times.
- Perform any other duties that will be assigned by the supervisor.
- Degree, HND, ND, SSCE in any relevant field
- Experience working in conducting data collection North-eastern Nigeria (Yobe and Borno state in particular) will be an advantage
- Must possess excellent inter-personal relations skills
- Able to communicate effectively in local languages and build strong relationships with people in many different environments.
- Able to work independently
- Familiarity with use of ODK and other online survey data collection tools
- Fluent in spoken English and local language (Hausa, Kanuri, Fulfulde, Shuwar)
- Previous experience conducting community based data collection
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Experience in working in an insecure environment
- Experience in local and international NGOs
- Indigenes and residents of locations where CARE works are highly encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of local language
- Experience and skills in management of staff
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11th September, 2021.