Allamin Foundation for Peace and Development (ALFOPED) is a non-profit non-governmental peacebuilding organization registered in Nigeria in response to the lack of voices, low and pervasive literacy level, widespread abject poverty, and a long period of neglect suffered in the North-East region of Nigeria that led to the emergence of the Boko Haram insurgency. ALFOPED is committed to ending violent conflict in North-East Nigeria and assisting victims of conflict in accessing services, maintaining a decent standard of living, acquiring appropriate knowledge and skills, enjoying the fullest possible extent of human rights, and leading a long and healthy life. Our programmes are spread across Peacebuilding, Sexual and Gender-Based Violence, Reproduction and Maternal Health, Human Rights, and Education.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Enumerator
Locations: Maiduguri, Dikwa, Bama, Gwoza – Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Background of the Project
- Allamin Foundation for Peace and Development (ALFOPED) is partnering with the Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office in Nigeria in implementing a 6-months pilot project titled: “Mobilizing Stakeholders in Borno State to Develop Transitional Justice and Reconciliation Policy Recommendations in North-East Nigeria” towards fostering enduring peace and development in the region.
- Specifically, the project seeks to understand community perceptions on requirements for possible transitional justice approaches in the NE, assess community perceptions of the preconditions and entry points for reconciliation with individuals associated with violent extremist groups, and advocate for and advise government stakeholders on the development of a transitional justice and reconciliation approach in MMC, Bama, Dikwa and Gwoza local government areas most impacted by the Boko Haram conflict in Borno State.
Rationale and Purpose
- As the momentum for peace is gaining grounds in North-East Nigeria with the recent surrender of over 17,000 Boko Haram recruits, men, and fighters, the society needs to be engaged to foster an understanding of what transitional justice is across, and to generate information on everybody’s perspective of what peace in Borno state means and way forward to forgiveness and lasting peace, thus adding value to its numerous investments to making Nigeria a better place where peace, justice, fairness, and good governance thrive, to serve the interests of all.
Objectives of the Study
- To understand community perceptions on requirements for possible transitional justice approaches in North-East Nigeria.
- To assess community perceptions of the preconditions and entry points for reconciliation with individuals associated with violent extremist groups.
- To advocate for and advise government stakeholders on the development of a transitional justice and reconciliation approach in targeted areas.
- Comprehensive and complete KII & FGD Notes from the field on daily basis, in line with the KII & FGD checklist/ guides.
Description of Work
- Conduct interviews and collect both quantitative and qualitative data on stakeholders’ perceptions within the assigned area(s).
- Report to the ALFOPEDs M&E officer before and after day’s work for further direction.
- Ensure submission of all the completed KII & FGD notes for the day to the ALFOPEDs M&E officer.
- Using Kobo collect mobile application, enter quantitative data collected and upload daily to ALFOPED server.
- Attend the perception survey data collection training.
- Participate in team review meetings at the beginning/end of each day’s assignment
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field with at least 6 months of experience in humanitarian and/or development organization in data collection using mobile applications.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Good interpersonalcommunications and facilitation skills.
- Speaking Kanuri language will be an added advantage.
- Sound knowledge and experience in using Kobo collect.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Their Name as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications that do not follow this guideline will be disregarded
Application Deadline 3rd June, 2022.