Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) – Primarily funded by the Federal Government, the Ministry currently superintends almost fifty parastatals operating as either key departments or agencies across the country. The Ministry has 2 major departments namely Technical and Service Departments. Technical Departments: Agriculture (Trees and Crops), Fisheries, Livestock, Land Resources, Fertilizer, Food Reserve & Storage and Rural Development. Service Departments: Finance, Human Resources, Procurement, PPAS (Plan, Policy, Analysis & Statistics) and Co-operatives.
The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) in colaboration with the International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD) and the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) is implementing Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprises project in the Niger Delta (LIFE-ND) states of Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo and Rivers. Thus, the National Project Coordinating Office of the LIFE-ND hereby request applications from suitable qualified and competent personnel to fill the underlisted position:
Job Title: Environment and Climate Change Support Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The candidate will assist the project in ensuring that the environment and climate change is mainstreamed in project activities.
- Assist to ensure that the inclusion of climate resilience and environmental data collection in the baseline Studies to be undertaken
- Assist in capacity building of incubators and incubatees in ECC mainstreaming areas and activities
- Support linkages with institutions and stakeholders involved in ECC issues
- Support the preparation of Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP) and Basic Climate Risk Analysis at the commodity cluster level
- Assist in General supervision, monitoring and certification of works of service providers engaged for physical climate change and environmental projects.
- Assist in revising and update the draft project implementation manual to include climate change adaptation and environmental management
- Support the development of a framework for measuring resilience among the target beneficiaries including indicators to be monitored within the M&E system for climate change
- Support the development of a technical manual for environmental training on sustainable agricultural enterprise as needed.
- Assist in the application of manual for environmental training on Sustainable agricultural enterprises
- Assist in the documentation of baseline information for projects locations / clusters using GPS, Remote sensing and field surveys using GIS
- Assist in developing crop agro-ecological suitability maps
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering Sciences Agriculture, Natural Resource Management
- A Higher Degree in relevant discipline will be added advantage
- Good writing skills and good computer skills
- Demonstrate team spirit, good interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Interpersonal and time management skills.
- Display of knowledge of climate change adaptation and environmental safeguards and familiarity with government policies and that of other critical stakeholders
- Conversant with the Niger Delta region working environment
- Good written and oral communication skills
Reporting and Location:
- The position will be in the National Project Coordinating Office located in Port Harcourt.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications with detailed CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: This position will be on for a period of two (2) years subject to renewal based on satisfactory performance
Application Deadline 28th February, 2022.