GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Leader – West Africa
Ref No: R3587178
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
- Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Leader West Africa will demonstrate leadership and accountability of business EHS priorities, EHS programs, and EHS processes for the Sales and Service organization in the region, including Indirect Channel Partner.
- Develop, implement and maintain organization-specific EHS programs and processes including (but not limited to) Leadership and accountability, Regulatory compliance, EHS process, Emergency preparedness and fire protection, Risk assessments and safe working procedures for all types of activities, Safety Defenses (e.g. ergonomics, motor vehicle, Lock Out, Tag Out (LOTO), Exposure Defense (e.g. medical, radiation, Industrial Hygiene, chemical), Hazardous waste management, Contractor safety, Preventive Maintenance, Distributed Workforce and crisis management.
- Plan and conduct EHS training; coach EHS element owners to promote ownership and help them discharge their duties
- Conduct incident/accident investigations and develop corrective and preventative action plans Maintain EHS expertise to provide technical and regulatory support to Operations team; proactively engage stakeholders on-site to ensure EHS compliance
- Measure and maintain Local Customer Team EHS metrics and ensure continuous and rigorous reporting to EHS regional manager
- Keep management apprised of progress and significant developments on key projects
- Drive continuous improvement in EHS performance and programs
- Assist in responding to significant incidents and government requests/notices
- Implement and drive EHS strategy given by regional EHS leader
- Ensure 100% compliance with applicable local regulatory requirements and maintain compliance framework up to date
- Apply and lead company EHS framework program as well as local regulatory requirements.
- Lead certain assigned aspects (technical, regulatory/third party interface, reporting, permitting, compliance, financial, administrative, etc.) of projects and permits in compliance with relevant regulatory programs and corporate policies.
- Provide EHS technical leadership, issue resolution, and input to local management
- Evaluate facility EHS conditions, assess risks and develop appropriate corrective-action plans and budgets to address deficiencies in comparison to regulations and internal policy/protocol.
- Participate in EHS compliance and program audits
- Drive improvements in EHS culture, awareness, and accountability
- Interface with environmental, health and safety regulatory agencies as needed
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, preferably in Chemical, Environmental, Civil, Mechanical and Electrical / Electronic from an accredited University
- Minimum 6 years experience in Environment, Health & Safety
- Professional certifications (NEBOSH, IEMA, etc).
- Experience managing projects and/or EHS compliance.
- Able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and other responsibilities, adjust to changing priorities and make decisions with speed and accuracy based on available information.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, capable of working within a globally diverse, cross-functional, internal and external team across different time zones.
- Excellent listening capabilities, inclusiveness, ownership and leadership skill
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Regulatory knowledge and experience working with different African regulations covering occupational health, process safety, chemical management, emergency preparedness, property transfer, site investigation, environmental requirements, waste management, contamination and capable of learning requirements and applying this experience through the countries
- Proven project and program management skills
- Must have used EHS systems like GENSUITE
- Fluent in English (Portuguese or French would be an added advantage)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply