International Breweries Plc – Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Environment & Safety Manager
Location: Onitsha Plant, Anambra
Job Type: Full-time
Key Purpose Statement:
- Opportunity exists for an Environment & Safety Manager in International Breweries Plc, reporting to the Plant Manager. The Environment and Safety Manager will provide the plant with a comprehensive and professional environment and occupational health and safety system; Ensuring compliance to environment and safety systems, standards and work practices to achieve targets set for the VPO environment and safety pillars as well as the environment and safety KPI’s.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensure conformance to specifications and standards
- Lead the establishment of a SAFETY-FIRST culture through implementation of behavioral safety program
- Ensure delivery of results through implementation of VPO standards and relevant safety and environment SOPs
- Manage departmental Budget / Finances
- Lead safety in site projects execution defining minimum requirements at all stages and monitoring compliance during planning and execution thereof
- Lead the Safety and environment team in a manner that engenders ownership, empowerment and team interaction
- Lead the development of Safety and environment team goals and ensure these are communicated and understood by team members
- Conduct regular Safety and Environment team goal review sessions
- Ensure training need analyses are conducted and training plans developed for team members
- Ensure appropriate competencies are developed in the team, and ensure cross-skilling occurs within the Safety and environment team
- Lead the establishment of a capacitance engineering capability
- Manage the Safety and Environment function including Operations and Maintenance of BTS
- Lead the elimination of all identified safety and environment risks through sharing safety alerts and driving closure of identified gaps from problem-solving and incident and accident investigations.
- Create Safety and environmental awareness through planned and unplanned campaigns such as World Environment/Safety day activities
- Lead the risk management program, comprising of occupational health and safety and risk management
- Ensure plant’s legal compliance and adherence to legal standards/regulations
- People Management Facilitate team problem solving and decision making
- Minimum of B.Sc. / B.Tech / HND in Electrical, Mechanical or Environmental Science.
- Proven Leadership Ability
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a Fast-Moving Consumer Goods environment.
- Experience in both safety and environment management
- 3-5 years’ experience in either Safety/environment Controller role
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional / relevant information as criteria for shortlisting
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The company policy requires that your immediate manager is informed of your intention to apply for the role and only shortlisted candidate will be contacted and specify the plant where the role you are applying for seats.
- Internal applicants please ensure you attach line manager approval as well, Only candidates with line manager approval will be shortlisted.
- International Breweries PLC is an equal opportunities employer and we promote gender equality in the company
Application Deadline 5th July, 2021.