The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Equipment Operator I
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Carry out maintenance of underground cables, circuit breakers etc., daily operation of powerhouse equipment and receiving of AGO.
- Operate and maintain mechanical equipment in powerhouse such as generators, high voltage panels, tripping units.
- Assist powerhouse mechanics in carrying out repairs on all mechanical equipment’s in charge of powerhouse.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- National Diploma in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar or related role in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be able to read circuit diagram.
- Ability to work outside normal working hours when needs arise.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor and professional colleague.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 6th May, 2022.