The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Equipment Operator II
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Carry out daily operation of all powerhouse equipment and receive AGO.
- Operate and maintain both mechanical and electrical equipment in powerhouse such as generators, high voltage panels, ring main unit, tipping units, batteries, high voltage underground cables, high and low voltage circuit breakers.
- Assist powerhouse mechanics in carrying out repairs on all mechanical equipment’s in charge of powerhouse.
- Carry out general maintenance of all electrical equipment and installations.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- National Diploma in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar or related role in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Good knowledge of powerhouse operations and equipment’s.
- Ability to work outside normal working hours when needs arise.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor and professional colleague.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 6th May, 2022.