The Alliance of African Institutes of Bankers (AAIOB) is the foremost professional regional
Association of Banking and Finance Institutes and Bankers Associations in Africa with its
Secretariat in Abuja, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Secretary
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reporting line: Executive Secretary reports to the Executive Committee.
- We are searching for a resilient, competent, and experienced Executive Secretary to lead the Alliance for value and relevance.
- As the Executive Secretary, your responsibilities will include serving on the Executive Committee, planning and coordinating programs in line with the mandate of AAIOB, and more.
- The candidate should have a good grasp of our operations and be able to propose solutions to complex problems.
- The Alliance was established to promote cooperation and more excellent value in financial services development in Africa through innovation and learning models, among others.
The Objectives of the Alliance
- Develop the banking and finance profession on the African Continent through its member organizations.
- Develop and promote acceptable banking and finance education, examinations, and Certification standards among its members.
- Promote inter-country acceptance of Members’ qualifications and certificates.
- Collaborate with Members and other organizations of similar objects and interests in developing and promoting banking and finance education and Certification standards.
- Provide a forum for joint seminars, workshops, and conferences.
- The Executive Secretary, the highest-ranking employee in the Secretariat of the AAIOB, should provide high-level administrative support to the Executive Committee and other governing bodies of the Alliance.
- Provide high-level administrative support and assistance to the Executive
- Committee and render a monthly report to the Executive Committee;
- Facilitate the implementation of the Alliance’s resolutions, activities, and programs and ensure the fulfillment of its Strategic Plan,
- Establish an information and communication network for member Institutes,
- Develop and deploy capacity-building programs in line with the industry needs and dynamics,
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Alliance’s Secretariat,
- Arrange Executive Committee, Council, and Advisory Board meetings,
- Develop strategies for achieving the aims and objectives of the Alliance,
- Maintain proper records of meetings, events, assets, communications, and stakeholders
- Develop relationships with funders and new funding sources to support capacity
- building, research, and other activities of the Alliance,
- Support the Working Groups and other Governing Bodies of the Alliance,
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Economics, Social Science, Finance, Banking, Accounting or any related field is required.
- A Master’s Degree or possession of a professional qualification would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in management and executive position in the banking/financial industry.
- Candidate must either be currently resident in Nigeria or willing to relocate as local staff.
- Experience gained in an international organization would also be an added advantage.
- Must be computer literate.
- Candidates should be bilingual (fluent in English and French languages).
- Excellent written and oral English, French, and Portuguese communication skills have added advantages.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications with Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail