MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Facility Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
The Facility Engineer will be responsible for the following functions:
- Good in Solution Designs and Execution
- Perform troubleshooting & Resolving Electrical / Electronics faults and other facilities items
- Provisioning of power and installation of AC & DC equipment.
- Ability to respond to Emergency/Call out to attend to power related issues on 3rd party Pops.
- Carry out regular assessment of POP facilities to determine items that are due for replacement or repair and initiate appropriate action.
- Follow up with 3rd Party Engineers (Transmission/OSP/IP) to resolve issues on sites.
- To provide a cover up for shift Engineers when need be.
- Prepare accurate daily, weekly and Monthly reports.
- Ensuring that safety and health standards at work are adhered to.
- Acts as the primary contact for all third party (facilities) related issues (emergencies and repairs).
- Maintenance of all MainOne and third party POP facilities as well as service coordination and service providers’ management.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- B.Sc / HND in any relevant discipline.
- Minimum of +4 years in telecom facility operations & maintenance experience.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Good interpersonal relationship.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in working with AC and DC power systems.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Good in Documentation and Processes
- Facilities management.
- Project management.
- Excellent people skills.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Contract/vendor management skills
- Good in Solution Designs
Demands of the Job:
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight schedules.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be spontaneous and handle last minute tasks.
- Ability to work well independently within a fast paced, result oriented environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Creativity and Innovative Ideas.
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to deal with stress.
- Willingness to take initiative and resolve problem.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organisation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply