The Cans is West Africa’s first eco-friendly tech hub. We are working to build a better future by supporting people, agencies and governments working in the area of social development. The Cans is using new technology to accelerate the impact of local and international initiatives in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facility Officer
Location: Maitama, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Monitor facility usage, operations and equipment maintenance.
- Prepare and implement a monthly budget for building use and facility maintenance.
- Develop and execute a system for regular cleaning, repair and maintenance of facilities.
- Managing the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet safety standards
- Monitoring the cleanliness of the interior and exterior areas, such as offices, conference rooms, parking lots and outdoor recreation spaces
- Scheduling emergency repairs with outside vendors
- Creating reports on maintenance, repairs, safety and other occurrences for supervisors and other relevant staff
- Preparing facility for changing weather conditions
- Inspecting buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Review utility consumption and other consumables and strive to minimize costs
- Oversee security of buildings and grounds
- Maintain communication with existing and new vendors and contractors, clients, and colleagues
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor/Line Manager/CEO
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- SSCE / OND holder
- Good decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to supervise other facility staff (cleaners and security personnel)
- Proximity to Maitama is preferred.
- 1-2 years experience in facility management and administrative duties
- Smart and energetic
- Good communication and negotiation skills
Application Deadline 18th May, 2022.