Lekki Freeport Terminal is the only Container Terminal Operator in Nigeria’s only deep seaport. It is set to become the largest container terminal in Nigeria and West Africa with enormous potential of becoming fully automated thereby contributing to the large trading operations of Nigeria and indeed, West Africa. The premise on which Leeki Freeport Terminal will operate is to connect global maritime trade to Nigeria and the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facility Supervisor (Local – within Nigeria)
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Under the general guidance of the Maintenance Manager ensure efficient & high quality supervision for the technical staff and execution for all technical repairs and maintenance for container for the facility, including port buildings and other structures.
- Planning and scheduling of Machine, Manpower and Material and Break Down Analysis and Elimination of Repetitive Break Down.
- Responsible to Annual Maintenance budget preparation and tracking through analysis of expenses and cash-flow
- Needs to drive the staff in a way that everyone follows the right process and duties, being all able to perform the job.
- Responsible to rewise and create the necessary risk assessments and SOP for the new jobs. In order to achieve maximum efficiency and quality for maintenance , needs to organize, manage and monitor all Technical activities described in all SOP.
- Must ensure that LFT Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures are maintained.
- Supervises the maintenance and repair of all the port, handling electricity, plumbing, painting, air conditioning.
- Responsible in leading and providing guidance to facility team in handling specialized HV Switch gear, HV transformer, Substation (11 KV) , HV cable Termination , Diesel Generators (2 MVA) maintenance & repair in order to achieve reliability & availability of terminal electricity facilities.
- Prime responsible for safety of workforce and equipment.
- Determined training need for subordinates and Develop On job training, class room training for HV Switch gear, HV transformer, Substation(11 KV ) , HV cable Termination , Diesel Generators (2 MVA) troubleshooting & repairing for technical support team for all level.
- Ability to develop strong technical and troubleshooting skills in several applications and technologies.
- Develop & execution of the preventive and Corrective Maintenance Program of Substation, HV transformer & Facility Equipment’s.
- Ensure that the facility equipment is maintained in a safe and reliable working condition in accordance with planned preventive or corrective maintenance program and to identify and rectify repetitive problems.
- Supervise and lead planned maintenance or repair works, which carried out by technicians or contractors or OEM, to ensure that the works are done according to schedule, procedures and specifications.
- Ensures that the facilities are maintained and repaired in a cost-effective manner, with consideration given to quality and customer service.
- Conducts regular inspections of Substations, buildings, parking lots and other structures.
- Prepares work orders for repairs, gets estimates for the cost of the work, and assigns appropriate staff to do the work
- Maintain the Substation equipment, Diesel generators and other facility equipment.
- Monitor the manpower levels and requirements within his department. This will also include an active role in the recruitment and subsequent employment selection process.
- Monitor and enforce all HSSE requirements when carrying out work.
- Provides direction and instruction to subordinate staff, providing regular feedback and regular appraisals.
- Provides complete and accurate reports to management, as needed and Brief daily activities to Maintenance Manager and seek advice as required.
- Monitoring the ongoing development projects & keep updating and feed back in regular basis.
- Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
- Root cause Analysis for substation & facility equipment’s system related repeated fault and Ensure that repeated breakdowns are repaired promptly, Control repaired time through adequate planning and scheduling.
- Creates, issue purchase requisitions of material/parts & Authorizes finishing (closing) open work orders
- Writes accident reports; participates in accidents/damage evaluation/costs/Investigation
- Identify and recommend stock levels for components and assemblies which are required; consequently authorize, or seek authority, within budgetary limits to purchase specific items.
- Perform other duties as required.
Critical Success Factors:
- Expert in HT Maintenance & Repair
- High level of analytical & troubleshooting skill for Substation & facility equipments
- No delay in mail and correspondent handling.
- Hands on experience & lead by example.
- Result Oriented, strong follow up , Negotiation skill.
- Required exceptional time management due to fast moving demanding work.
- Zero discrepancies between planning and executing.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Post Graduate Diploma / Professional Degree in Engineering (Electrical) other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 7 Years of working experience in the related field with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in leadership capacity.
Skills and Abilities Required in Position:
- Electrical Supervisor License from Nigerian Government Authorities to work with high voltage.
- Experience in HV Transformers, HV switch gears, Diesel Generator, Electrical wiring maintenance and repair.
- Expert in all type of facility &Substation Equipment Maintenance.
- Experience in a fast paced, demanding environment (Technical aptitude, HT Maintenance Vendor Management. Incident Management, Process development)
- Must have a working knowledge of supervisory and leadership principles, with the ability to influence other team members in a positive way and lead a department of individuals.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in order to set priorities.
- Requires intermediate to advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
- High standard in computer skills.
- Ability to generate high volumes of relevant work, sustain high levels of activity and energy over long hours when necessary and work with business-like approach to daily changes.
- Takes ownership for work. Meet daily challenges with a positive and open mind.
- Strong reasoning abilities and sound judgment. Good reporting and registration capability.
- Must be able to interpret electrical drawings, layouts, and specifications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply