In Nigeria, a country still recovering from an economic recession and the multisector impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s even harder to match accessible talent with entry-level roles. The Fellowship seeks to bridge the gap between young graduates and organisations human resource demands on the job market by connecting talented Nigerian youth with local work opportunities.
The NJFP is a youth empowerment partnership initiative championed by the Federal Government of Nigeria to mitigate the development impact of rising national unemployment and underemployment rates. The Fellowship is supported by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and other partners.
The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme equips the next generation of young leaders who are poised to steer the course of national development by giving them the tools they need to succeed, today. Public and private sector stakeholders play a crucial role in this process as progress partners through which the long-term future of the nation is secured and immediate human capital needs are met.
Transparency and accountability are cornerstones of the NJFP. The programme will serve all of Nigeria – from North to South and East to West – ensuring that organisations and youth from all corners of the country can participate through merit-based selection. We are challenging the narrative that world class opportunities only exist outside our borders.
The programme is also equipped with a robust financial management system and internal controls to enable financial transfers to be made directly to participating youth. Programme management, procurement and outsourcing are monitored and audited with a unique Monitoring and Evaluation framework to ensure the NJFP stays accountable to its participants, partners and long-term objectives.
- The target of the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme is to place 20,000 highly skilled Nigerian youth in private and public sector organisations spanning various types, sizes and industries across the country.
- A 12-month fully paid programme designed to enhance their employability, building leadership competencies and transferring on-the-job skills.
- Fellows will receive a monthly stipend. This will be covered by the NJFP for the first year.
- Cost Savings – No HR agencies, advertising costs, lengthy triple-round interview process, or salary costs. The NJFP has you covered.
- Increased Productivity – Access to a wide range of highly qualified candidates with cutting-edge skills relevant to your organisation that will help to increase your team’s productivity.
- Improved Brand Image – Boosting your corporate social responsibility work and by showing commitment to give back to the community engagement in the programme will contribute to a positive brand image for your organization.
- Expanded Network – You will be a part of the NJFP network of national and regional private and public sector entities as well gain access to an expanded pool of experienced, employable young Nigerian expertise to draw from.
- Increased Policy Influence – Access to a national platform for deliberative public policy reform discussions on education, employment and relevant industry policy issues.
For More Information:
Abia State, Abuja, Adamawa State, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra State, Bauchi State, Bayelsa State, Benue State, Borno State, Cross River State, Delta State, Ebonyi State, Edo State, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa State, Kaduna State, Kano State, Katsina State, Kebbi State, Kogi State, Kwara State, Lagos State, Nasarawa State, Niger State, Ogun State, Ondo State, Osun State, Oyo State, Plateau State, Rivers State, Sokoto State, Taraba State, Yobe State, Zamfara State