Committed To Good (CTG) is an award-winning private sector company that enables humanitarian and development projects in conflict zones. As a people solutions business, we recruit, deploy and manage the right people with the right skills to implement projects in the world’s toughest regions.
Having worked in more than 25 fragile and conflict-affected countries, we pride ourselves on hiring 90% local employees, providing decent, dignified work and new opportunities in fragile communities. 90% of our turnover goes back into the local economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Security Officer
Start Date: 01/01/2021
Overview of Position
- The role of the Field Security Officer is to implement & manage duty of care in accordance with CTG’s contracts & obligations.
- Induction training & providing the security awareness brief to all newly hired staff.
- Vetting & status check on all nationals as required.
- Review & track trip reports (not movement requests).
- Develop relationships with the client Security Managers, UNDSS & other security organisations in Nigeria.
- Keep updated contact list / database of staff supervisors & security focal points.
- Establish an emergency call out procedure for each project so CTG can track & react to incidents.
- Deploy forward to the regions to undertake reconnaissance of locations to assist consultants.
- Providing security advice to projects & consultants.
- Advising all CTG projects, staff & consultants on security incidents by sms & email as agreed with Account Managers.
- Undertaking analysis & sending out a monthly Nigerian wide security situation report.
- Establish a security information network to receive & then send out security advisories.
- Incident management, fill out incident reports, be on call to deal with emergencies & undertake investigations as directed.
- Establish a lesson learned register post-incident.
- Assist Account Managers with personal administration for consultants.
- Other tasks as directed by the Head of Security & Country Manager.
- Monthly country security report
- Weekly Nigeria team report (security component).
- Reports to the Country Manager, will be required to work closely with the Account Managers & the Country Manager in Nigeria.
- Under the direction of the Account Managers, will be working with the client & the consultants as required. Will be required to develop local & international security networks.
- Team Management:
- This role will be working closely with the CTG team in Nigeria.
Key Competencies and Qualification
- Diploma in Security
- Should have 5 – 10 years experience in the security industry.
- Is good with clients & can build relationships.
- Is a capable administrator.
- Sector experience: Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Security experience.
- Geographical experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in Africa (essential).
- Has good written & verbal communication skills (English).
- Has experience working in Nigeria.
- Has an understanding of local security networks & vetting.
- Language: Fluency in English is essential.
Deadline: 31st December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this role & preference is given to Nigerian nationals.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter