Phase3 Telecom is Africa’s leading independent aerial fibre optic network infrastructure and telecommunications services provider. Incorporated in 2003, Phase3 was licensed as a national long distance operator to provide transmission services in 2006.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Locations: Abeokuta-Ogun, Oshogbo-Osun
Cadre: Technical Officer
Name: ALL FSE’s
Department: Network Operation and Maintenance
- The FSE is to carry out maintenance, make service repairs and install engineering equipment products
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure effective management of all active network equipment, analyze equipment’s current card performance and responsible for technical management of the entire pop.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance (RPM) and corrective maintenance (CM), carryout long-haul route survey on existing aerial optic fiber and other transmission paths.
- Ensure that all aspect of the network operations run smoothly, maintain end-to-end interconnectivity with immediate remote pops for stable network availability.
- Resolve emergency network failure with deepness in the usage of OTDR for fault troubleshooting especially on aerial fiber transmission path.
- Carryout installations and maintenance of network equipment (e.g. DWDM/SDH).
- Ensure temporary restoration of network in critical situation/difficult terrain. Plan permanent restoration and manage OFC stringing, tensioning and perform splicing. Also, provide quick resolution basics to reduce MTTR.
- Provide remote support for the NOC operations and other technical request from HQ. As well as information and guidance to colleagues and other team members.
- Responsible for the efficient operation and performance of all clients aggregated circuits through his/her node and maintain good technical relationship with clients at all times.
- He will be responsible for the supervision of contractors handling field contract and ensure projects are executed to standards.
- Prepare and transmit detailed daily technical report of maintenance operations and network performance to Regional Supervisor (RS).
- Technical Training
- ND / HND in Engineering is an added advantage
- 3 years proven Field Service experience
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to troubleshoot using OTDR, Splicing Machine, LSPM and Knowledge of Inverter/Rectifier operations and service of technical equipment.
- English literacy
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
- Familiarity with mobile tools and applications
Application Closing Date
7th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] with the title of the position as the subject of the mail