The Wellbeing Foundation Africa – Founded in 2004, The Wellbeing Foundation Africa (WBFA) was created to improve health outcomes for women, infants, and children while working towards the systemic and structural changes in the areas of Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH), Gender Equality, and Opportunity (GEO).
At the WBFA, we combine our programs with advocacy work in Nigeria and worldwide, allowing every health worker, mother, and child access to life-altering advice, opportunities, and health solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance & Accounts Officer
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Scope of Work
- WBFA is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented individual with strong analytical and financial acumen to fill the Finance & Accountant role.
- The successful candidate will manage all financial accounting and internal auditing tasks for the organization. A candidate with experience in the international NGO sector would be preferable, but more importantly, the candidate will be adept in accounting, planning, and budgetary management. Ad hoc finance tasks would also be required of the candidate.
The Finance & Accounts Officer provides support in:
- Maintaining financial and management procedures for the WBFA,
- Provide a robust and effective financial and accounting system for the WBFA,
- Financial Planning and Budgeting of Foundation activities,
- Checking the consumption of Foundation cars’ fuel/diesel and generators’ diesel,
- Identifying and regular update of the Foundation inventory,
- Identifying relevant problems/issues, assisting in formulating implementation-oriented solutions, and dealing with all questions arising in the area of accounting and financial management,
- Management of the Bank account of the Foundation,
- Ensuring financial transactions (purchase of consumables, goods and services) and accounting activities of the Foundation, including end of the month account, in accordance with WBFA standards and procedures,
Operations – The Finance and Accounts Officer:
- Works closely with the National Administrator and team to develop budgets to develop sound operational work plans and implementation plans,
- Ensures compliance with all financial and recordkeeping requirements of the WBFA and other legislative and regulatory requirements with respect to contracts, applicable taxes, etc,
- Evaluates financial risks associated with operational activities and take appropriate action to avoid such risks and ensure accountability and effective implementation.
Effective and accurate financial resources and efficient procurement management – The Finance and Accounts Officer:
- Develops accounting methodologies for monitoring and reporting costs, commitments, and value of work done and implements internal control recommendations effectively,
- Ensures the smooth implementation of all accounting activities, including (but not limited to): timely and accurate bank reconciliations, invoicing, monitoring of expenditure levels against budget and funding obligations,
- Ensures proper budget planning and expenditure tracking of financial resources and monitoring of financial delivery against work plans and preparation of relevant periodic reports,
- Ensure proper management of assets and timely handover where required,
- Assume other tasks on instruction from the President/Founder or National Programs Lead.
Required Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience
- Minimum University Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. A Master’s degree in finance or accounting is an added advantage.
- A professional qualification is compulsory (ACCA, ICAN, etc)
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive work experience in Finance or Accounting or related profession
- Expertise in the procurement of goods and services is of specific importance
- Experience with grants and subsidies
- Experience with WBFA procedures and regulations or with other international organizations is an asset
- Proven experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams is an asset.
Skills, Competencies, and other Knowledge:
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and systems, managing files and records, and other office procedures
- A thorough understanding of generally accepted Accounting Principles & Practices and Financial Analysis & Management Standard office practices and procedures
- Knowledge of relevant accounting packages
- Good written and oral communication
- Good interpersonal skills and experience in working within a multicultural team
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Ability to persist even in the face of challenges and obstacles
- English language proficiency (written and oral) is important for this position.
- Confidential handling of data and information.
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, Outlook)
- Detail-oriented and being able to work under minimal supervision and to show initiative and resourcefulness
- Ability to contribute to complex technical assistance programs/projects and communicate with external partners and stakeholders
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
N250,000 / month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Letter of motivation as one document with complete contact details to: [email protected] using the Position Title as the subject of the email.
- WBFA is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity.
- All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 30th June, 2022.