Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance & Admin Officer 1
- The Finance & Admin Assistant is responsible for providing office support by assisting with administrative and financial systems, logistics, and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In addition to the general duties described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain organized files on all admin and financial-related reports and documents.
- Maintain the project field office petty cash, prepare payments, ensure proper authorization for payments, distribute payments as required, and supervise the processing of staff claims and advances and per Diem.
- Complete purchase orders, time, and attendance records and prepare necessary reports for relevant senior Admin and Finance Officers, and Deputy Project Director – Integrated Projects and Family Planning.
- Assist with identification and payments to vendors.
- Assist the BA-N State Coordinator and staff with preparation and logistics for community activities, meetings, trainings and other events as needed at the field office.
- Maintain general office systems including filing; coordinating timely timesheet submission; sending, receiving and distributing faxes, and photocopying.
- Assist the office staff with the tracking and development of administrative documents;
- Submit monthly financial reports as required to the Senior Finance Officer II.
- Carry out other tasks to support BA-N Integrated project efforts as assigned
- This position will have no direct supervisory responsibilities. The position reports to the Senior Program Officer I -State Coordinator for the respective state.
Education and Experience
- HND or Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years work experience with admin and finance support for health programs
- Strong spoken and written English skills
- Fluency in the Hausa language
- Internet research abilities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Well-organized, with the ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative support to work teams
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment
- Excellent communication skills
- High-level administrative writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software
- Professional and organized
- Experienced in supply management and inventory control
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF format using the “Job title and Location” as the subject (e.g., Finance and Admin Officer 1 – Bauchi) of the email to: [email protected]
Note: Qualified female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 5th April, 2021.