Damien Foundation (DFB), Nigeria Project is a charitable Non-Governmental Medical Organization involved in Leprosy and Tuberculosis Control activities in Nigeria since early 90s. The foundation is very popular with her achievement in pioneering Multi-Drug Resistance Tuberculosis (MDR-TB) treatment in the country. She initiated the MDR –TB treatment in collaboration with University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan in June 2010 and recorded a high treatment success rate.
In over 25 years of operation in Nigeria, the foundation has impacted lives of several Persons Affected with Leprosy (PALs) through free reconstructive surgeries, free prostheses, mobile clinics, social reintegration and social supports to both PALs and their families
Currently, Damien Foundation Nigeria covers a population of over 56 million across nine States (Oyo, Osun, Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Kwara and Ondostates) with technical and financial supports in case detection and management in Tuberculosis and Leprosy. The main character of Damien Foundation is the quality of services, which are delivered in close partnership with the community and the Government.
Damien Foundation Nigeria (DFB) is looking for qualified persons to fill up the position below:
Job Title: Finance / Admin Officer
- Damien Foundation (DFB) is a non-profit humanitarian medical organization affiliated with Damien Foundation Belgium (DFB) and is assisting the Federal Government of Nigeria with the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) in Oyo, Osun, Kwara, Ondo, Ogun, Ekiti and Lagos States. As Sub Recipient (SR) to L under Global Fund Grant, DFB has been vested with the responsibility of implementing Active TB case finding programme in 20 LGAs of Lagos state (Apapa, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, Ojo, Alimosho, Lagos-Island, Lagos-Mainland, Amuwo- Odofin, Mushin, Kosofe, Ikorodu Badagry, Epe, Eti-Osa, Ibeju-Lekki, Agege, Ifako-Ijaye, Oshodi-Isolo, Shomolu, Surulere and Ikeja).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing all payments to be made for completeness, appropriateness, authorization and availability of funds.
- Ensuring proper maintenance of all books of account under the supervision of the Finance Manager.
- Supporting the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial/expense reports including bank and cash reconciliations to be submitted to the Principal Recipient.
- Ensuring strict adherence to DFB Process, Policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Assisting all programme staff to reconcile variances that occur in the application of cash and other spending in the course of implementing activities that are in line with the work plans.
- Reviewing staff timesheets on a weekly and monthly basis, ensuring timeliness, correctness, and compliance with policies and procedures of DFB.
- Daily posting of financial record or as may be directed by the Finance Manager.
- Handling the timely preparation and submission of taxes due and filing of tax returns, while ensuring that contracts are issued to clients in compliance with DFB HR guidelines.
- Maintaining payroll and budget spending records, in coordination with the Finance Manager and HR & Operations Department.
- Working closely with the Finance Manager and Operations & HR Manager to provide the technical team members with advice on activity budgets, relative to procurement of goods and services invoicing and reimbursable expenses, while maintaining a continuous line of communication to clear any financial issues.
- Providing support for annual and Quarterly audits, which may include research and reconcilement.
- Proper archiving of financial and Admin documents – manually and electronically.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Finance Manager
Education / Experience
- Experience: 3 – 5 years
- Job experience: Minimum 3 years of relevant work in NGO, Global fund/ Donor Funded projects.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Public or Business Administration, or related field OR Degree in another field combined with a professional qualification in accounting or finance (CPA/CIA or equivalent)
- Competency in the use of Accounting Software: Quickbooks (Preferably), SAGE, Navision etc
- Applicant’s experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Application Deadline: 13th August, 2021.