John Snow, Incorporated (JSI) – We are public health care and health systems consultants and researchers driven by a passion to improve health services and health outcomes for all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: This will be from February 2022 to end of project
- Tuberculosis Data, Impact Assessment, and Communications Hub (TB DIAH) is a five-year Associate Award funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- The objective of TB DIAH is to ensure optimal demand and analysis of both routine and non-routine TB data for decision-making and their appropriate use to support interventions, policies, and performance management of national governments, ministries of health, national TB programs, USAID and other stakeholders.
- TB DIAH is implemented by the Carolina Population Center, University of North Carolina (UNC) at Chapel Hill and sub-recipient John Snow Inc. (JSI).
- The Finance and Administrative Officer will support the Senior Finance and Operation officer in the management of the TB DIAH finance and operation activities.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for accurate recording and maintenance of TB DIAH Assets in the Abuja office
- Pro-actively ensure that the office functions well and efficiently ensure office equipment and supplies maintained within budget.
- Monitor and manage inventory of office supplies; order and distribute office supplies as necessary
- Prepare payments and ensure timely approval and payment
- Responsible for petty cash disbursement and ensure proper reconciliation and replenishment.
- Front desk receptionist and facilitating meeting with visitors, answering phone inquiries and handling complaints in a courteous, professional manner
- Act as the first point of contact for visitors, suppliers and vendors and also create meetings with vendors.
- Act as point of contact for office maintenance and security
- Support the Senior Finance and Operation officer in vendor source selection, purchase orders and blanket purchase agreements and ensuring timely delivery of purchased items in accordance with JSI and USAID policies and procedures
- Coordinate travel logistics for staff and consultants
- Coordinate logistics support for project workshops and training
- Other duties as assigned
The following qualifications are required:
- Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field
- 2 – 4 years experience managing USAID contracts including experience in supporting finance, procurement, operations and logistics tasks.
- Experience in budgeting and knowledge of Microsoft office tools
- The ideal candidate must be attentive to detail, highly organized, flexible and self-motivated with excellent communication skills in written and oral communication
- S/He must clearly display the ability to prioritize and perform to tight deadlines
- Must be able to work as a team and collaborate
- Good oral and written English fluency required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 18th February, 2022.