Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) is an international economic development organization whose mission is to create business solutions to poverty. Founded in 1953 by a group of Mennonite entrepreneurs, we partner with people living in poverty to start or grow small and medium-sized businesses in developing regions around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance and Grants Manager (Maternity Cover)
Job Status: Start Date 1st April, 2021; 5 Months maternity cover
Supervisor: Country Project Manager
- The Finance and Grants Manager(Maternity Cover) is responsible for the operations of the finance and grants unit component of the Nigeria WAY project.
- They provide leadership in implementation of MEDA financial policies and procedures for the country office, ensure that internal and external financial requirements are met accordingly, ensure the financial integrity of the operations regarding controls, systems, resources, grant management, and reporting are held to the highest national and international standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure financial accounting activity is carried out in accordance with MEDA’s accounting policies.
- Maintain detailed arid accurate records for aN financial transactions in an organized and professional manner and to be always audit ready;
- Review financial transactions for MEDA operations as appropriate (includes vouchers, Cash Advances, transfers, etc.). Ensure adequate cashflow for operations and safety of financial resources.
- Provide required monthly financial reports by specified deadlines to the Country Project Manager and MEDAHQ.
- Facilitate grant management, budget reporting and monitoring and other activities related to grants compliance.
- Work with senior management to develop and meet operating plans, cash forecasts, and budgets.
- Maintain close and cooperative working relationships with financial staff, administrative staff and programmatic staff;
- Perform and/or supervise daily functions including recording all cash, cheque and bank transfer transactions, maintain cash and oank ledgers, monitor cash advances and field expense reports, reconcile cash on hand and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Manage and monitor granting portfolios. Analysis and evaluation of proposed workplans and budgets submitted by partners to ensure adherence to the contract terms, GAG and MEDA grants management policies and regulations.
- Provides overall supervision to the finance staff and partner finance staff.
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by the line manager or management
- Apply MEDA’s values in all activities – cultural sensitivity, transparency and integrity in all relationships.
- University degree in, Accounting or Business Management with a minimum of 8 years experience in international standards of project accounting, financial management including budgeting, grants and contracts.
- Certified Public Accountant with valid membership, 3+ post qualification experience is desired.
- Master of Accounting, Business Administration, Grant Management Codification, and senior experience as a financial manager is preferred.
- Strong experience with international audit requirements.
- Working knowledge of major donor-funded operations, financial services, and practices.
- Excellent computer skills in Excel &SAGE software.
- Experience in managing International Donor financial reports and relationships, especially desirable experiences with Canadian donors.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience in Team management, through delegation, clear assignment of responsibilities, provision of sufficient authority and budget and performance assessment.
- Proven and adaptable interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Fluency in English is required, and Hausa is also preferred.
- Prior work experience in a comparable role is required.
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s values, mission and purpose
Deadline: 15th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should email their Cover letter and CV (As a single PDF attachment) to: [email protected] with the position as the email title.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter