Care Best Initiative (CBI) is a fast-growing, woman-led, and youth-driven Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in 2019 and presently operational in states within North-East, Nigeria. Our objectives are to save lives, alleviate the suffering of children, women, and other vulnerable people; and maintain human dignity during and in the aftermath of man-made crises and natural disasters; as well as to prevent and strengthen preparedness for the occurrence of such situations; and to promote the right of children, women and vulnerable people in the society. Our actions are multi-sectorial inclined, gender-sensitive, and socially inclusive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employment Type: Volunteer
Duration: 6 months (extendable)
- The Finance Assistant will work directly under the Finance Officer who is responsible for the implementation of CBI’s Financeoperations in Damaturu, which includes keeping track of an organization’s finances entering data into databases, preparation of financial statements, processing invoices, and supporting other employees throughout accounting processes implemented by CBI.
- Update financial spreadsheets with daily transactions.
- Prepare balance sheets.
- Provide administrative support during budget preparation.
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits.
- Support monthly payroll and keep organized records.
- Track and reconcile bank statements.
- Process Tax payments.
- Records account payable and receivable.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by the supervisor.
Qualification and Requirements
- Degree in Accounting or Finance and other relevant professional qualifications.
- Minimum of 1-year of programming experience with relevant working experience, desirable in Accounting
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping.
- Proficiency in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint Presentation).
- Ability to speak English fluently, Hausa, and other local languages desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, calm, and a good sense of humor.
- Very good understanding of Accounting policies, strategies, and programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th July, 2022.
- By submitting your application for this position you agree to CBI ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse, and Child Abuse
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Care Best Initiative (CBI)provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
- This is emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Kindly attach additional certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in one PDF format, Cover Letter, and CV together in one Word format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview