Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political, and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars, and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
The PUI Nigerian Mission has been officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities, primary health care, and nutrition for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC) living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC). The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated approach from 2017 in food security, livelihoods, and nutrition and health sectors, with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA, and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy. From the launch of the health care services in February 2017 to the end of April 2018, a total of 119,913 OPD consultations were reached in Bolori II, while more than 60.000 beneficiaries have been reached by our cash project.
In mid-2018, PUI has developed its comprehensive response by adding Protection and Community Outreach (PCO) activities to the existing programs in Bolori II. In the month of October 2018 only, more than 3.500 households have received door-to-door visits from the PCO team. In 2018, PUI has also scaled up its intervention with the opening of Monguno LGA base, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community. This opening in Monguno allowed PUI to reach the vulnerable population in Kukawa and Cross Kauwa LGA.
In 2019, PUI will further develop its integrated approach by adding a WASH component to its comprehensive response. In parallel, PUI is continuously supporting the coordination mechanisms in North-East Nigeria humanitarian crisis.
Finally, PUI is also running the common logistics platform for all humanitarian actors thanks to a co-funding between 20 partners, and funding from the logistics sector (WFP). Thanks to the Maiduguri Inter Agency Logistic Platform, 91 projects have been supported in 2018, for a total of 7 000 000 indirect beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Number of Position: 01
Contract Start Date: 10th March 2022
Contract End Date: 31st May, 2022 (renewable based on the availability of funding)
- The Finance assistant will have to assist the Deputy Finance Manager in all the activities related to finance and cash management.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Treasury & Cash Follow-up:
- Manage the cashbox and ensure the safekeeping of the cashbox
- Process receipts and invoices for cash payments
- Do a daily physical inventory of the cashbox with the Finance Officer
- Ensure the daily worker payments
- Prepare and follow up the pay-outs and cash advances, within established guidelines
- Guarantee security of the cashbox and confidentiality of information
Finance & Accounting Management:
- Check, before recording any entry, that the invoices are compliant with PUI’s regulations and procedures
- Record cash expenses in the excel books on a daily basis, and properly fill in the information needed (date, accounting code, project, budget code, etc.)
- Issue voucher numbers, and properly archive the invoices and Saga vouchers in dedicated files, as per the donors’ rules and regulations
- Assist in the preparation for the external audit visits (donor and coordination visits)
Archiving Finance Record:
- Manage the electronic archival of Finance files as per the filing process at the base level and share the scan data with Abuja
- Manage the physical archival of Finance files as per the archiving process at the base level
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department:
- Be responsible for all cash payments and relevant protocols related to the base
- Ensure the accountancy hard copies quality
- Scanning of all finance documents
- Ensure that the cash security procedures are implemented and respected mandatory requirement
- University Degree in Finance, Accounting, or another relevant degree
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar position (NGOs/private companies)
- Fluent in Hausa and English, Kanuri is appreciated
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Good knowledge of MS office software including Word, Outlook. Excellent in Excel
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Accounting and finance.
- Well organized
- Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th February 2022.