Resolve to Save Lives (RTSL) is a global public health organization with a mission to prevent 100 million deaths from heart disease and to make the world safer from epidemics. We are led by Dr Tom Frieden, former director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Since 2017, Resolve to Save Lives has partnered with low- and middle-income country governments, multi-lateral agencies, academic and other civil society partners, and communities to build capacity for and support implementation of enabling policies and effective programs to treat and control hypertension, reduce sodium intake, eliminate artificial trans fat, and strengthen systems for epidemic prevention.
We believe our programs are strengthened when they are developed and supported by individuals with diverse life experiences, whose understanding of social and cultural issues can help make our work and workforce more inclusive. We encourage people of all racial, economic, social, cultural, sexual orientation, and gender expressions to apply.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager, Nigeria
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Finance Manager is responsible for handling all finance and accounting activities relating to the Resolve to Save Lives country office in Nigeria. This is a full-time position based in the Abuja. The position primarily reports to the Country Director, Nigeria with a dotted line into the Global Finance Manager.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
Finance & Accounting:
- Manage day-to-day financial operations of the Nigeria office
- Accounts Payable including: reviewing for appropriate signatories and coding
- Manage accounts receivable
- Responsible for data entry of expenses into the accounting system
- Processing fund request from grants managers/programs to headquarters
- Manage grants accounting
- Monitor and maintain petty cash and bank balances to ensure sufficient funds are available.
- Facilitate opening and maintenance of any needed bank accounts
- Reconcile inter-company transfers, cash, bank, and credit cards
- Prepare, analyze, and distribute monthly and annual financial statements in a timely manner
- Prepare financial reports for donors based on their requirements
- Ensure accounting practices and financial reporting are in compliance with applicable accounting standards (IFRS) and government regulations
- Completion of tax reporting requirements as needed
- Maintain compliance records such as audit reports and account statements
Budgeting and Financial Controls:
- Monitor monthly actual to budget variances. Update the management team on a monthly basis of any financial and budget concerns
- In coordination with global finance team,lead the annual audit process ensuring compliance with local and global regulations
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting
- Maintain a robust financial management/reporting system with implementation of Sage Intact
- Establish review processes to continuously improve financial accounting practices, and related policies and procedures
- Work closely with the local operations manager to update, implement, and provide guidance on finance related business policies
- Effectively communicate and present critical financial matters to the Country Director and global finance team
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting process in collaboration with the Country Director
- Administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status
- Oversee other finance related responsibilities as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (eg, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration)
- Advanced level of English preferred
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Resolve to Save Lives
- Collaborative, dedicated team player with excellent organizational and coordination skills
- This Vacancy Advertisement is open to only Nigeria Nationals
- Computer skills: Advanced Excel, Microsoft 365 Suite of software, accounting software, cloud software.
- Analytical mindset with strong attention to details
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Minimum of eight (8) years of overall experience in finance, and minimum five (5) years working with a nonprofit organization in finance
- Prior experience working in non-profit global development sector preferred
- Solid understanding of general finance and budgeting and ability to apply concepts.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
Application Deadline 15th June, 2022.