Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. The Foundation has been helping children in need for over 50 years, defending their rights regardless of their race, creed, or political affiliation. In over 30 countries, Tdh protects children against exploitation and violence, improves children’s and their mother’s health, and provides emergency psychological and material support in humanitarian crises.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract starting date: ASAP
- The Finance Manager supports the Service Support Coordinator in the finance and accountancy management of the Delegation.
- S/he is responsible for the overall efficient, effective implementation of finance policies and procedures of the Tdh rules and regulations in compliance with the donor, internal rules, and national laws.
- S/he participates in the budget monitoring and follow-up.
- S/he manages the cash processes at the mission level under the supervision of the SSC.
- S/he manages the finance team with the support and under the supervision of the SSC. S/he ensures that the Finance Officer(s) and Finance Assistant(s) are properly trained.
Financial and budgetary management:
- Send each month’s SAGA extractions to each budget holder in order to realize Operational Follow Up (OFU) /SAGA cross-check and participate in monthly OFU meetings
- Update the Allocation Board after validation of the SSC
- Prepare the monthly Budget follow-up by carrying out preliminary budgetary controls and integrating forecast up to the end of the project to be forwarded to the SSC and regularised if needed.
- Verify the accounting (description, accounting codes, analytical codes, monthly exchange rate, etc.)
- Carry out a systematic monthly check of advances from the cash box (matched and unmatched)
- Carry out transactions matching at mission level
- Ensure funds are available from donors and prepare cash flow statement, bank reconciliation statement, on a monthly basis for SSC
- Support to prepare Cash Flow Projection, Bank Balance Report, Construction Cash Flow Projection, and Budget Variance report as required.
- Ensure that the monthly accounting documents are compiled and sent to Headquarters on due time and after validation by SSC
- Answer to accountancy feedback sent by Headquarters once the accountancy pack is sent
- Ensure the necessary accounting changes in the accounting software when required (reallocations, etc.)
- Integrate the last SAGA Save sent by the Headquarters into SAGA every month
- Verify vouchers and other accounting documents on a monthly basis.
- Verify & check all necessary supporting documents for all disbursement and support the Finance Officer(s) to ensure payment in a timely manner
- Monitor the security of funds and participate in the improvement of the internal cash management policy in collaboration with the SSC
VAT & TAX Payment:
- Ensure compliance with VAT and Tax regulations
- Ensure that VAT and Taxes are cleared in a timely manner
- Control the effectiveness of VAT and Tax payments deposited into the bank.
- Support and train the Finance Officer(s) to ensure proper recording of financial transactions in the accounting software
- Propose regularly capacity building and training to the Finance team (Finance Officers and Finance Assistants)
- Participate in the recruitment of the Finance team
- Coordinate, plan, and supervise the work of the Finance team
- Appraise the team under her/his direct supervision.
Reporting / communication:
- Report progress of financial activities to the SSC on a weekly basis
- Participate in the weekly Finance department meeting
- Report to the SSC any alerts concerning Tdh Finance processes.
- Prepare and assist the SSC during internal/external audits
- Ensure the presentation of Tdh financial processes and design refreshment sessions about Finance topics with the support of the SSC
- Centralize and reports to SSC on Financial processes implementation’s feedback/issues
- Report regularly to each head of department financial related information about their respective teams in collaboration with SSC.
- Ensure Finance physical and IT archiving as well as securing accounting documents
- Link with the Logistics department to ensure that lease/service contract sums due are paid in a timely manner
- Manage the bank relationships and communication. Ensure that all administrative requirements are up to date and in compliance with the requirements (board of trustees, allowed signatories, etc.). Guaranty that bank transactions and access are secured (withdrawal of cash, bank transfers, online platform access).
- Master’s Degree in Finance and/or Accounting or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Finance Manager or similar position
- Advanced IT knowledge: Microsoft Office, SAGA.
- Goal-oriented and proactive with very good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize work in a time-limited manner
- Capacity building skills and demonstrable team-working skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a volatile context
- High sense of integrity, rigor, and good flexibility skill.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter in a single document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 29th April, 2022.
- Due to the urgent need to fill this position, the Applications will be processed on a rolling basis
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.