Women Health Empowerment and Emancipation Initiative is a non-profit and non-government Organization. WHEEI was established to address issues faced by women, adolescent girls, children and youth in accessing basic information, Human Right and other services at the community level, which affects their ability to access qualitative social services in Kano State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Finance Officer will work on overall financial monitoring and support capacity building for Kano office and partners and to practice rigorous financial control mechanism and archiving System.
- He/she will make sure that financial procedures, policies, and requirements are implemented in compliance with WHEEI and donor to contribute to the achievement of WHEEI’s goals and vision.
- Functions as Finance officer for the SRHR/GBV Project in Kano State
- Hold a cash book and update at a daily basis on the WHEEI financial database system adequately
- Ensure compliance within the finance policies of WHEEI
- Management of the Office Cash Flow Include the Forecasts:
- Prepare the bank transfer instructions for suppliers’ payment on time
- Manages daily operation in the area of accounting system which is in line with WHEEI and Donor’s requirements and ensures the records or entries are up to date in the cash books and Dynamics.
- Complies with Finance and Procurement guidelines when dealing with any transactions
- Check the justification of operational advances before making payment and ensure of the settlement in a reasonable time.
- Check and control the elements of accounting packages, including the consistency between cash books and Dynamics entries, physical counting, and balances.
- Proceed to the monthly closure of accounting: physical counting, editing of accounting documents (cover sheets), and verification of supporting documents.
- Stamp monthly the invoices with the donor stamp and/or the stamp “paid”.
- Manage the cash and safe boxes for the cash payment in the office and on the field if required.
- Prepare the monthly cash flow forecast and send it to the Finance manager for compilation.
- Ensure good relations with financial partners (banks, PFA, etc.).
- Hold a cash book and update at a daily basis on existing projects
- Ensures accurately recording of all transactions made by cash or bank, monitors timely receipt and expenditure returns from Program Team and ensures correct data entry and reconciliation in the Cash book and Dynamics.
- Ensures proper financial documentation in Kano office
Management of Financial Assets and Liabilities of the Base:
- Records all assets and liabilities in the cash books and Dynamics at Daily basis and follow properly their settlement in Dynamics and the cash book as well.
- Ensure a monthly reconciliation of all assets/liabilities
Tax Deduction and Remittance on Time:
- Ensure that the withholding taxes are well calculated, recorded in the Dynamics System and paid at monthly basis.
- Follow up on the staff statutory and taxes payment at monthly basis and ensure that all receipts are collected and archived.
- Collect the taxes clearance certificate or credit notes when the payment is done.
- With support of Finance specialist and/or Finance Coordinator, takes the role of info-sharing to staff and PFAs in relation to HR matters (PAYE, PENSION, NSITF, NHF Payment).
Archiving and Audit Management:
- Ensure that all the supporting documents are attached per transactions
- Ensure that all supporting (Hard copies) are scanned with covers sheet attached and saved on Drop box, hard drives, etc.
- The finance and compliance officer will be responsible of the security of the archive room and he/she shall be taking care of it.
- Participate in audits preparation/execution (compilation of audit requirements)
- Provides feedback and enhances internal controls to satisfy audit requirements; takes part of providing data and records during the audit process; reports immediately on irregular spending to Finance director or Finance Coordinator as deemed appropriate.
- At monthly basis, ensure that all supporting documents for transactions recorded from different locations are centralized in the archive Room and all financial records are also verified and are good for audits purposed. In that regard, at monthly basis share a verification report with the finance director and finance coordinator for actions if needed.
- At monthly basis, ensure that all folders containing finance records from each location are tagged and well arrange in the archive room.
Education: (include Certificates, Licenses, etc.)
- Degree preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to Finance, Accounting, and Administration.
- Experience and Technical Competencies: (include years of experience)
- Experience working in Non-Governmental (NGO) with a background in Project Accounting, Audit and compliance management is considered as an asset.
- A Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Etc.) is considerable.
- The knowledge of local Language is also an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience in general accounting, finance, and Administration experience is needed
- Ability to work closely and effectively in a team to achieve work priorities and objectives.
Required Skills & Qualities:
Core Competencies of WHEEI:
- Striving for excellence
- Excellent communication skills, as well as patience and politeness, are required
- Multi-tasking and Organizational skills is a must
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Exemplary sense of ethics in the workplace
- Taking the lead
- Demonstrating Integrity
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment
- Proactivity, with a sound commitment to teamwork and with a spirit of genuine collaboration
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 8th November, 2021.