Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer I
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The Finance Officer I together with other finance team members will implement efficient finance activities within the office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the overall technical inputs to the project described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Assist with the monthly finance QuickBooks report by imputing transactions into the accounting software.
- Ensure PAYE and Withholding Taxes are remitted before the last day of the month to the responsible parties.
- Monitor budget expenditures against approved budgets.
- Assist finance training for new staff on project finance operations;
- Review purchase orders, time and attendance records and prepare necessary reports for the project finance and senior management team;
- Supervise field office petty cash transactions;
- Assist with identification and payments to vendors, ensure proper authorization for payments, distribute payments as required; supervise the processing of staff claims and advances;
- Act as a focal person for field offices finance related matters
- Additional duties assigned to by their supervisor.
- Ensures that all supporting documents are available and attached to the payment vouchers and stamped paid when done;
- Withdraws cash from the bank for program activities and makes necessary disbursements after obtaining necessary approvals;
- Ensure travel advances and activity retirements from the field office are retired before they are due;
- In close coordination with relevant finance staff, assist with monthly bank reconciliation;
- Prepares source documents for both cash and check payments;
- Other duties may be assigned.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a relevant field (Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or related Finance field).
- Minimum of 5 years’ NGO experience is required. Experience implementing USAID funded projects in Nigeria is highly valued.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their PDF copies of their CV to: [email protected] using “Finance Officer 1 – Abuja” as the subject of the email.
Note: Qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply for this role
Application Deadline 3rd December, 2021.