The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are currently looking for the position below to join our team:
Job Title: Financial Accountant – Senior Manager
Location: Cairo, Egypt
- You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to contribute to restoring CAF’s reputation and elevate the organization to the highest international standards.
- Accountable for the preparation of the financial report and making sure proper controls are incorporated, and that accounting information is accurately captured, classified, and recorded.
- Align the preparation of accounts to the available chart of accounts.
- Manage and comply with local government reporting and IFRS requirements.
- Proactively support the Finance Director in engaging the Management on quarterly financial performance updates.
- Manage VAT and other tax-related issues for the organization.
- Close collaboration with auditors for the audit and publication of annual accounts.
- Daily review of trial balance for accuracy and proper classification in line with accounting standards.
- Ensure efficient and effective controls are in place for the flowthrough of mappings into the general ledger.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Professional qualification in accounting (ESAA/CPA/ACCA/CIMA) and a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in financial reporting.
- Demonstrable experience in the preparation of annual accounts.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken); fluency in another official CAF language (French or Arabic) is an asset.
- Very good communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to interact with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of tax and relevant laws and regulations.
- Ability to work under pressure and a team player.
- Providing direction and leadership to teams.
- Hands-on and demonstrable experience in financial reporting.
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of chart of accounts and flowthrough to the financial statement.
- Excellent understanding of accounting standards.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum 5 years of managerial experience in finance.
- Hands-on experience in Microsoft suite applications.
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative international organization.
- Attractive employment conditions.
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team.
- Quality social security coverage.
- An excellent pension scheme.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (Cover Letter, CV, Diplomas, and References) in English or French to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- The position will be based at CAF headquarters in Cairo (Egypt).
- Only direct applications meeting the required criteria will be considered, regardless of gender, age, and nationality
Application Deadline 15th January, 2022.