Maurice Xandra Solutions Limited – Our client, being a Company at the forefront of the tech industry in Africa and with a unique African services offering is looking for a strong candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Locations: Lagos and Delta
- Our Client is looking for a strong Financial Controller, who will strengthen the Finance Department and will lead it to and through the Series C round.
- Drive strategy and growth of the company, by being a strong business partner to all departments by providing meaningful input and assistance where necessary.
- Monitor execution of the strategy through accurate and timely reporting on KPI’s
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Manage all accounting operations including billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General ledger, Cost Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
- Prepare and publish timely monthly consolidated financial statements including management accounts and board reports, to include developing financial reviews with senior management team
Cash Flow Management:
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Work closely with management/executive teams to share adhoc reports and analysis findings
- Manage, mentor and motivate the accounts team
- Manage compliance with IFRS principles.
- Manage compliance with all state, federal government and other statutory reporting requirements and tax filings
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required (minimum 2:1) preferably in Finance or Accounting
- Good understanding of accounting software (SAP B1 is key and Quickbooks is an advantage)
- Strong knowledge of month- and year-end closing process based on international consolidation.
- Experience with financial modelling, budgeting and monitoring and creating financial statements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong MS Office skills, especially Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Qualified Accountant (ACMA, ACCA, ACA) with strong current knowledge of IFRS accounting standards.
- Must be able to work in a high-velocity, high performance environment
- 7+ years of experience as a Financial Controller or a similar role with combined experience in accounting and finance
- Excellent leadership and project management skills; preferably hands-on experience with delivery on OKRs)
- Commercially minded – able to dig into the business, understand drivers, engage and probe the teams on how to grow the business plus proffer ideas to that end
- Multitask and manage competing priorities and deliver to strict time deadlines
- Right balance between detail oriented and focus on the bigger picture
- Ability to present to and liaise with an international board and investors.
- Strong sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Ability to motivate and develop teams in a positive manner
- Critical thinker but with a focus on solving the problems at hand
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 10th June, 2021.