International Flavors & Fragrances – We are IFF. We are the catalyst for discoveries that spark the senses and transform the everyday. International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. is a leading innovator of sensorial experiences that move the world. At the heart of our company, we are fueled by a sense of discovery, constantly asking “what if?” That passion for exploration drives us to co-create unique scents and tastes in fine fragrances and beauty, detergents and household goods, as well as beloved foods and beverages.
Our 7,300 team members globally take advantage of leading consumer insights, research and development, creative expertise, and customer intimacy to develop differentiated products.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Flavour Sales Support – CPD
Requisition ID : 47761
Location: Victoria Island, NG, 101241
About the Job
- What if…What if you could build a career at a company that has locations all over the world… yet is recognized for its deep commitment to each of the communities in which it is located? What if you could help customers all over the world experience new and remarkable scents and tastes? What if you could be part of a company that has been around for more than a century, but has never stopped transforming the everyday? Now you can…
- As a Flavour Sales Support, you will demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills by building customer relationships at relevant levels and providing customer support for issues with maximum efficiency and accuracy.
- To be successful in this position, you will have 3+ years’ experience in sales support and/or supply chain customer service and a business-related post-matric qualification.
- You will also have excellent organizational and project coordination skills along with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and manage pressure to meet deadlines.
- IFF West Africa CPD role will support: a.IFF West Africa Sales & Technical Teams – Nico Swart.
- Secondary to Vincent Richetta for French Speaking Africa
- Indirectly to the Flavor Sales Manager for Sub Saharan Africa, Chris Osborne based in South Africa as required:
- In the absence (travelling) of Account Manager (AM), full support on all requests and administrative tasks.
- To provide the following support service to the Account Manager when in office:
- Presentations (Powerpoint)
- Co-ordinating customer visits / workshops:
- Support the AM where deemed necessary, with the receipt of opportunities and entering of projects into IFFMan ensuring that all required information is “first time right”. Support AM on follow up regarding samples/applications related to project/s.(Expect increased workloads with Sonarome & expanded Taste opportunity)
- Disseminating of any market-related information received electronically to AM
- Maintaining electronic calendar for Sales Team
- Assisting with all requests from Distributors, including:a.Document requests (eg Kosher, Halaal, PDS, MSDS etc)
- Loading of Sample requests into IFFMan
- Loading of Opportunities and Projects into IFFMan
- Application / Formulation requests
- Recommendation of flavours for different applications, dosages etc
- Initial point of contact for clients: Maintain professional attitude and courtesy when dealing with clients/agents/distributors as the IFF Isando key initial contact point.
- Manage sales and customers – Provide full backup to Account Manager and / or Sales Manager when they are travelling into the region, taking full ownership of the commercial role to support total scope of customer’s enquiries, customer orders, customer projects, internally generated projects linked to the region and regional clients and provide rapid feedback to clients with full record keeping of all communications and feedback, providing the Account Manager and / or Sales Manager IFF West Africa with information as requested on a daily basis.
- Pricing: loading, updating and maintenance of the prices in SAP.
- Sampling: loading, following up and provision within the target service level guidelines of sample materials with prices (via pricing officer in approved IFF templates) to requestor.
- Projects/Opportunities: the loading, maintenance and day to day management with the C&A and BDM roles of all projects/sample requests in IFFman.
- Projects/Opportunities follow up: liaise with customers as needed and directed, follow up on projects/samples requests until final status (win/loss) is obtained and advise Account Manager and / or Sales Manager SSA accordingly.
- Documentation: provide clients, agents and distributors with IFF documentation as requested. Includes but not limited to halaal, kosher, specifications, technical datasheets, material safety data, application formulations, and technical data. Will have 100% responsibility of managing this administrative task on behalf of Export Manager, expectation is that management are only used as support or guidance, but tasks are completed by CPD
- Meetings: attend a) daily morning open project meeting to discuss new projects b) monthly flavor meetings as called by Sales Manager c) weekly Friday export feedback teleconference / discussion meeting with Account Manager and / or Sales Manager SSA.
- Customer Service – Liaise with CSD and following – up on open orders and communicate to the Customers and AM on status. Manage relationship between Sales and CSD to improve services levels to the customers. Ensure all export documentation related issues / challenges /queries from CSD are managed and communicated effectively to impacted parties e.g. clients, agents etc.
- Trouble Shooting – manage customer complaints on Logistical and Quality situations and provide feedback to the customer from CSD and QC, while keeping the Sales Manager informed of outcomes.
- Other Administrative tasks as required and train backup person.
- Post matric studies with min 3 years sales support experience
- Computer literacy with a minimum knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and at least an intermediate
- Familiar with customs/exports documentation
- Customer liaison/relationship skills
- understanding of Excel, Powerpoint, an interest in SAP & other coporate software.
- Familiar with dealing with export documentation and regulations.
- Preparing of proforma invoices
- Nigeria Citizen with strong English language fluency/skills.
- French language fluency will be highly advantageous.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Loyal, reliable, prepared to make a long term commitment to the business
- Ability to learn and grow
- SAP, IFFMan and Microsoft Word familiarity
- Solid, hardworking, and highly competent individual capable of easily dealing with people
- Hardworking, ability to use initiative to get the work done
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter