We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food and Beverage Supervisor
Report To: F&B Manager
- Assist in the organization, management and administration of all operational aspects for the Food and Beverage Outlets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness of dining rooms and work areas; communicate issues of safety, cleanliness or malfunctions to appropriate departments; manage maintenance/safety issues to completion.
- Plan and conduct meetings for outlets to ensure staff is correctly communicated with and that staff are consistently trained and well motivated. Attend interdepartmental meetings to ensure good cross communication between departments.
- Assist in the development of marketing initiatives, menu items, and other items to stimulate growth in sales for each outlet and a variety of latest market developments.
- Be aware of and assist to control current budgeted and forecasted revenues, payroll, and product costs.
- Ensure all current Accounting and Human Resources policies are being adhered to. Report any issues or grievances to the Director of Restaurants and or Human Resources.
- Assist in maintaining all Micros programming for food and beverage outlets.
- Assist in scheduling reservations and parties or special events in Hotel or Apartment, Off the Record, and the Private dining room. Ensure that all aspects are communicated to the culinary team and to all other managers in the F&B department to ensure all details are correctly maintained.
- Manage the Open Table system with the host staff, ensuring accuracy of all guest reservations and shift reservations. Assist Host staff with greeting and seating guests during peak times of operation.
- Organize all documentation for shift work on a daily basis including pre-shift reports, daily training topics, shift floor plan, requisitions for beverage, food and sundries and manage labour on a daily basis.
- Ensure all staff are meeting all established standards of service. Monitor and test service skills of staff, retrain and reinforce all standards on food and quality and service details daily. Provide feedback and appraisals as necessary.
- To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill Food and Beverage Supervisor.
- Bachelors Degree in Hotel Management/Restaurant Management preferred or equivalent experience; Two to Three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of food service operations and a variety of styles of services. License/Certification: obtain any/all locally required licenses/certifications that relate to the job being performed such as food safety certifications will be added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and experienced candidates should send their Application Letter and Resume/CV’s to:
Bolton White Hotel,
7 Gwandu Street,
Area 11, Garki,
Application Deadline 31st August, 2018.