Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Laboratory Technician
Location: Warewa, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- Food science techs work independently or provide technical support inlaboratoryanalysis,food product development, processing, food microbiology, research or quality assurance, or regulatory positions.
- They usually work in alaboratory, conducting food experiments, cleaning up, and helping food scientists.
- Analyze test results to classify products, or compare results with standard tables.
- Compute moisture or salt content, percentages of ingredients, formulas, or other product factors, using mathematical and chemical procedures.
- Record and compile test results, and prepare graphs, charts, and reports.
- Clean and sterilize laboratory equipment.
- Measure, test, and weigh bottles, cans, and other containers in order to ensure hardness, strength, and dimensions that meet specifications.
- Mix, blend or cultivate ingredients in order to make reagents or to manufacture food or beverage products.
- Order supplies needed to maintain inventories in laboratories or in storage facilities of food or beverage processing plants.
- Conduct standardized tests on food, beverages, additives, and preservatives in order to ensure compliance with standards and regulations regarding factors such as color, texture, and nutrients.
- Examine chemical and biological samples in order to identify cell structures, and to locate bacteria, or extraneous material, using a microscope.
- Prepare slides and incubate slides with cell cultures.
- Provide assistance to food scientists and technologists in research and development, production technology, and quality control.
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Food Science / Technology, Biochemistry, Nutrition, Microbiology or Chemistry.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience as a Food Technologist.
- Possession of a food-related postgraduatequalificationwill be an added advantage.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to read
- Enjoy learning
- Must possess a strong background in math and science (Biology, Chemistry, and Physics)
- Strong desire to work in a laboratory setting.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to think analytically and critically
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Any application received after this will be automatically rejected
Application Deadline 29th July, 2021 (3:00 PM)